X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Alberta vinyl fence. - lethbridge Alberta

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: customer — Lethbridge ab Canada
  • Alberta vinyl fence. 543 30th Street N, Lethbridge AB lethbridge, Alberta Canada

Alberta vinyl fence. Darcey Fulton Bait and Switch -- quoted one price then billed a much higher price lethbridge Alberta

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I was looking to have a fence replaced.  I had Darcy Fulton from Alberta Vinyl Fencing provide me with what I feel was a competative quote.  We made a change order in adding 4 gates to the fence, which I was assured "wouldn't cost much more".  Unfortunately, I took him at his word and had him do the work, which took him forever to do.

Originally, he put the gates in wrong, and it took him forever to come back.  When he took them down and rehung them, it left holes in the posts.  When I complained about this, he offered me $100 off for compensation.   When the bill came it, it was 30% over the quoted price.

When I asked about it, I was basically told, "that's the way it is".  If you're going to charge me a full third over the quoted price, maybe you should make me aware of this before going ahead with the work.  Upon seeing this bill, I offered to pay 15% instead of the 30, which he refused.

I then told him to come take the gates out and just replace them with the fencing that was in the original quote.  Instead, he came over to the house, ripped out the gates, and literally cut the posts off so they couldn't be replaced with fencing.

The sections of fence beside where the gates had been are effectively ruined and are going to cost me thousands to repair.  Between him not having parts, not showing up when he said he would, and his overall attitude, I would STRONGLY suggest that buyer beware in dealing with Darcy and this company.

In dealing with this company, get EVERYTHING in writing.  Get a FULL PRICE of what he's doing the work for.  Do NOT trust his word that it's "not too much more".  It's sad when a business man can't be taken at his word.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2019 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/alberta-vinyl-fence/lethbridge-darcey-fulton-bait-1489251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair