Complaint Review: Anderson Neck Oyster Company - Shacklefords VA
Anderson Neck Oyster Company Delivered 75 spoiled, smelly oysters in a damaged wet cardboard box and won't refund / replace Shacklefords VA
July 12, 2021
- Place an order with Andersons Neck for 3 X 25 each of varieties of oysters. Paid $131.15 for the oysters and shipping
July 15, 2021
- UPS delivered a box that was wet with one side split open that contained a couple of melted very hot to the touch freezer ice packs and net bags filled with smelly oysters
- The box was: cardboard box, bubble wrap, several freezer ice packs and the oysters. No styrofoam cooler or anything to protect the oysters, keep the box from getting wet, help maintain the temp.....nothing! I have ordered food from many sources and without fail it ALWAYS comes in a secure styrofoam or similar container
- Emailed Andersons Neck to advise them / never got a reply to that email, the 10+ others I sent them or the phone call I made to a number that has an answering maching saying "don't leave a voicemail, email us."
I was shocked that UPS would actually bring a soaking wet, split and smelly box to my door. Oh, and little bugs flying all around it, too. I put the bags of oysters in the veggie drawer of my garage fridge covered with a wet cloth and held on to them in case they needed returned, etc. After I finally disposed of them it took lots of cleaning and multiple applications of Baking Soda to get the smell out of that fridge.
I filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...they closed it when Andersons Neck would not reply to their inquires.
I filled a dispute with my bank who's credit card I used for the purchase. They just advised me that Andersons Neck did indeed just reply with an 8 page document including "terms and conditions" that state that they buyer accepts all risks in shipment and the company isn't responsible for any lost/damaged goods.
Bottom line about Andersons Neck Oysters:
- Zero customer service
- Zero service after the sale
- Poor quality control
- Terrible shipping practices
- Spoiled, damaged product does not make for a repeat customer but they don't care
Don't waste your money on this awful company.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2021 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/anderson-neck-oyster-company/shacklefords-va-delivered-s-1512607. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.