Complaint Review: Anoop Sen - UTA
Anoop Sen Jamie Elliott Pretending to be Paypal Fraud department to steal you login to paypal UTA
Here is how this scam worked:
1. Received on my dily email (anybody can harvest emails) a FAKE charge on my paypal account. A phone number claiming to be PAYPAL's fraud prevention was included at the bottom of this fake invoice. You know the usual - "if you didn't make this order please call paypal fraud prevention department at 801-893-7293.
2. The person answering had copied word by word the protocol of responding to a customer, asked me for my verification and email associated to paypal after I told him I never made this order.
3. After he got my real email associated with paypal he told me the 1st fake order was cancelled and said he temporarily put a new charge of $389.99 to my account that I will NOT be charged. I was charged they used this time my real email associated with paypal. He asked me to NOT LOGIN INTO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR 48 hours "while the verification process is going on". I becaume a bit suspicious and called paypal USING THEIR OFFICIAL 1800-221-1161; 1888-895-5610 or direct 402-935-2050.
4. Paypal told me "there is NO requirement to avoid logging into paypal and change my info untill investigation is going on. Paypal does NOT HAVE A Fraud Department Investigation phone 801-893-7293. I changed my password & filed a real fraud complaign.
5. I reviwed the fraud process & filed a second complaign explaining this time, how the scammer got my real email & placed a VERIFICATION SERVICE charge, that I never ordered. Offcourse the scammer Annop Sen had to put his name & email and is NOT part of verification service (this doesn't exist) & paypal believed, I was correct. Waiting for my refund now.
What helped me was verifying, by calling the real paypal numbers I already had. Lesson: do not trust any strange phone numbers & very "professionaly sounding fraud prevention" call, just call back the the real paypal numbers.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2021 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/anoop-sen/uta-jamie-elliott-pretending-1510676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.