X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I'm a senior citizen and paid almost $3,000 cash for an outlander. The salesperson said it was checked by their mechanic and had no problems. The next day the check engine light came on. Long story short but when I took it in to get the check engine light fixed they found the neck of the gas tank was rusted out, $700 to fix. But that wasn't the worst of what they found. The cradle that holds the power steering was so rusted it looked like Swiss cheese.  Over $2,000 to fix.

My mechanic refused to fix the emissions problem because the car was not safe to drive with the rust. He said I could lose my steering at any time. I spoke to the owner of Barberton Auto Group. He said I bought it 'as is' so he would do nothing. I did a bit of research and others had the same issue. The cars they purchased from him had similar issues..... rusted out chassis. I'm filing a report with Ohio's attorney general. Selling a car 'as is' doesn't mean you can lie to consumers and sell them cars that are unsafe to drive.  Run, don't walk from these scammers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2020 05:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/barberton-auto-group/ohio-scammers-thieves-1497905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair