Complaint Review: Brightlights Distribution - Bronx New York
- Brightlights Distribution 2034 Tomlinson Avenue, flr. 1 Bronx NY 10461 PHONE. +1 888 576 6368 Bronx, New York United States
- Phone: 929-810-0411 or 888-576
- Web: Brightlightsdistribution.com
- Category: Book promotion, book marketing, amazon book marketing, Book Sales, Book Publishing
Brightlights Distribution Failed to get my books republished in a satisfactory manner ...$17.500 later it's a mess Bronx New York
- I paid my money up front in the Fall of 2019 so BL could get the books out to buyers in time for the 2019 Christmas rush. They insisted I pay for all eleven though I suggested they take only two or three. They would only accept eleven. Keep in mind we started our relationship on July 6, 2019, where I contracted for them to write a screenplay from one of my books ... they drafted a screenplay for one book ... not the one specified on my check.
- I reread my books and made changes after they sent me the first draft. Unfortunately, I later received many drafts and they were sometimes missing paragraphs and had sentences in the wrong chapters.
- BL asked me to submit new covers. I did so, but some of the books on my website still have the old cover photos. This makes me unsure, because of all the errors, whether my text changes were incorporated into the books.
- I made an author video and sent it to them. It’s not on the website, nor had there been a press release as promised.
- I don’t own the domain name or website so I can’t make needed changes myself. I noticed the website has the same cover pictures and trailer I had when I was with another publisher. That is a problem. The website and domain name were supposed to be free for three years. Now I can' even buy the domain name from BL or whoever owns it?
- When I went to Amazon, and some of the books have the correct (new) covers, but unfortunately, some have the paperbacks listed from $902+ to $800+, and even 25 cents, which is definitely not correct.
- The contract says my books would be available on Amazon, Apple, Kobo and Barnes and Noble. I’ve only seen them on Barnes and Noble, and more recently on Amazon.
- I was told if I published the books under my name, all my problems would be resolved and I would receive most of the price of the books as profit. I received one reasonable and encouraging check from Ingram, but I suspect they bought some of my books to jack up my royalties and show how great the books were doing They used that report to get me to invest in further services from them.
- I was promised five free copies of my books so I could either sell or promote them. I never received even one. I needed to proof them again before they were published because I wasn't sure they had made all the changes needed. All the errors had been formatting mistakes (not found in the books I initially sent them).
- I received a draft screen treatment for Shady Springs Ranch, which was not the title I wrote on my check to them. I sent it back with corrections and suggestions. Never heard back.
I realize it was probably difficult working with eleven titles, but they assured me they would take care of it. I suggested submitting them, maybe three at a time, and putting them online so I could begin making sales.
So far I have paid $17,500 to take care of these issues and all I have is a mess I will probably have to find the money to straighten out. So no, I would not recommend Brightlights, even to an enemy.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2021 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/brightlights-distribution/bronx-new-york-failed-books-1512786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.