X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Crosby Family Builders - Ashtonfield NSW

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: I've Been Burned - Stay Away! — Uralla NSW Australia
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Crosby Family Builders 1 Ashmore Close, Ashtonfield Ashtonfield, NSW Australia

Crosby Family Builders Matthew Crosby Dishonest Grifter - Builder Ashtonfield NSW

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I met Matthew Crosby through my kids school in New South Wales.  My son is a rugby player and he was coaching the team at the time.

Both he and his wife Jody, insinuated themselves into my families lives upon hearing that my husband and I were renovating.  He said he was a builder and might be able to help us out with some advice and a cost-effective price on our renos.  Bad decision.  This guy and his disgusting, foul-mouthed and abusive wife Jody are crooks and grifters.

They garner sympathy from people because they have a sick daughter who was always on the verge of passing away from some disease or another. They were always crying poor because they couldn't work as they wanted to spend all the time they could with their so-called terminally ill child, who they said could pass away at any time. This little girl has been "dying" for the past 8 years that I know of and I've heard stories of her flop and go limp on command as her Mother cried for sympathy.

My husband said we should get them to do some of the renovations as he felt sorry for them.

I've since found out that this family moves from state to state, from school to school, leaving behind them a history of doing to others exactly what they did to us.

He got us to sign a builders contract at a price that seemed pretty good.

It was good because it excluded the materials we needed to buy, which he made us buy through his business because he had an account with a local supply shop and could get "greatly reduced prices" which he said he would pass onto us.

We found out he jacked the price up and used our cash flow to fund his school fees and then delivered less than half the materials we paid for.

He started the work and once it began he told us we needed to pay for some extra labour to finish the job.  I said I assumed it was all in the quoted price but apparently our contract only covered his time and excluded the extra labourers we had to pay for to "do" the renovations.

Apparently we were still getting a "good deal" because any other builder would have charged us double what we were paying.

To cut a long story short, the work is not complete, they have left town and moved to another town four hours away and won't finish the work.

He says he had to leave town for work and can't finish the job despite us having a signed contract (for what its worth).  When I called him to complain about this, his wife got on the phone and abused my husband and I using the foulest language imaginable (C Words etc) and telling us to stop harassing them and their sick child.

I've had a third party estimator come in and advise me that I've paid 50% more than what the work that is done is worth.

And to top it off the work he did was shoddy.  Wall panels are coming off, unfinished etc.

This whole process has been a complete debacle and we've had quotes to finish the work which state they are going to have to rip out some of his work because it was not compliant.

He is unprofessional, lies, makes you sign incomplete contracts and then uses his family situation for sympathy.  Honestly, he does not know what he is doing.  I don't know how he got his builders licence in the first place.

Stay away.  Don't feel you need to give this guy work just because you feel sorry for him or you think you're getting a good deal.  You aren't.  You are the mark.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2020 02:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/crosby-family-builders/ashtonfield-nsw-matthew-1500069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair