Complaint Review: DEPENDABLE INC. D.B.A. HAIM TOWING INC. BROOKLYN NY - BROOKLYN NEW YORK
- DEPENDABLE INC. D.B.A. HAIM TOWING INC. BROOKLYN NY 2502 HARWAY AVENUE BROOKLYN, NEW YORK United States
- Phone: 718-415-0715
- Category: Towing company
DEPENDABLE INC. D.B.A. HAIM TOWING INC. BROOKLYN NY Predatory and Illegal Towing conducted by these individuals, call NYPD 911 BROOKLYN NEW YORK
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Predatory and Illegal Towing conducted by these individuals, call NYPD and if told that it's a civil matter get badge number and request for commanding officer (OC) or commanding General (CG) and watch how quickly things will change not always police officer knows the law!!
New York City law says tow companies servicing private parking lots or blocked driway can charge a maximum of $125 for towing and $25 per day for the first three days of storage of a vehicle. The fee jumps to $27 per day for the fourth calendar day. If the owner of the vehicle arrives before the vehicle is removed but after it is connected to the tow truck or still "on the hook", the tow operator may not charge more than $50 to release the vehicle.
Can you call the police to intervene if any of these stipulations aren't followed? You sure can. Private property or not, it's the law. Car owners should put complaints into Consumer Affairs or precinct if they fall victim to any illegal towing practices.
Dependable towing company is deceiving drivers by allegedly overcharging and holding vehicles hostage. Tow truck driver MIKE demanded cash payment of $528.00 for the release of the vehicle that has been towed for blocking private driveway.
Read New York City towing laws, NEW YORK CITY ADMINISTRATIVE CODE SECTIONS 19-169 and 19-169.1 It has the legal rate for a tow, which is $125 for the first 10 miles including 3 days of storage and a consumer bill of rights.
This is what you have to do:
1) Inform them that you know the law, and if they don't relinquish your vehicle you'll call the police to make them do it. They'll call your bluff and say "Go ahead. Call 'em. They'll tell you the same thing I just told you."
2) Call the police. Ask them to come down to the towing company and help you enforce the law. They'll tell you they're busy, but if you'll wait for an officer, they'll put the request through. Tell them you'll wait.
4) When the officer gets there, tell them again in front of the officer that you would like your vehicle relinquished immediately, and that you'll be happy to Pay what law requires. Then offer your ID.
5) They will then do it. Don't let the officer leave until you have your vehicle.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2020 05:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/dependable-dba-haim-towing-ny/new-york-predatory-illegal-pd-1490815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.