X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Dimmitt Chevrolet - Clearwater FL

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: MannyJV — Clearwater FL United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Dimmitt Chevrolet 25485 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL Clearwater, FL United States

Dimmitt Chevrolet sold me a defective vehicle, caused more damage during repairs, and charged me for warranty work in Clearwater FL

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

It hadn't even been 8 months and I've paid $3200 for repairing the brake system that failed me while driving on US-19. I get it back from them and now the AC is blowing hot air on the driver's side and throwing a code for loss of refrigerant pressure. Convenient that these things suddenly appear after I purchase the vehicle and then have it repaired. I swore off Ford a long time ago, and now I'm swearing off Chevy. Never again.

I was planning on buying a truck soon, and now I'm going to wait for one of the electric ones that aren't Ford or GM to hit the market. The "Big 3" auto makers have ripped people off for too long, I hope the EV revolution puts them out of business. GM should have never been bailed out. My wife's Hyundai, Kia, and Toyota never had issues like this. Done! Update: So I took the vehicle somewhere other than the dealership, and they told me that refrigerant was low.

They added dye and used a UV lamp, as well as a tool to detect leaks by pressure, and they said that they could detect no leak whatsoever. They even checked again a few days later (I waited until Monday to pick it up) and could find no leak and it was holding pressure. The mechanic told me that the leak is so small that it is undetectable, or someone deliberately removed the refrigerant... I asked why someone would do such a thing. His reply was, "to cost you more money." Hmmmm.....

Update: I've been going to Ferman Chevrolet for all my other needs. Worth the extra drive! They actually gave me a military discount to fix the AC that Dimmitt broke, and I didn't even ask for it! I don't even know how they knew I'm a vet. Anyway, while I was there getting part of the drive battery replaced I did some research. I found out that almost $2,500 of the brake modulator repair should have been covered by the Voltec hybrid warranty! So I went to Dimmitt to tell them they're idiots, and they agreed! However, a year had passed and they told me to screw myself and take it up with Chevy.

It took me 3 weeks of fighting with Chevy (and showing them their own warranty) before a refund was finally approved. If you look online, this is not the only case of this happening. Tell me how the Chevy Volt has been around for 10 years and the dealerships and corporate lackeys still aren't educated in their warranty!?! Or, is it by design? Either way, this Volt will be my last GM vehicle, despite Ferman being worlds better than Dimmitt. I'm about to drop 70K on a new truck, and I'm glad GM won't receive a dime! PS: I have a friend who had purchased cars and had them serviced at Dimmitt Chevrolet for decades, now she drives a Hyundai. She hates Dimmitt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2021 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/dimmitt-chevrolet/clearwater-fl-sold-defective-1511725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair