Complaint Review: East Coast Environmental Restoration - Farmingdale New York
- East Coast Environmental Restoration 136 Allen Blvd. Farmingdale, New York United States
East Coast Environmental Restoration Edwin Rincon, Douglas Schuh, Carmela Annunziata, Maria Chiaponne Contract SCAM that says they get paid even if they don't do the work, Farmingdale New York
They use deceptive trade practices and first get their victims to sign an AUTHORIZATION TO PERFORM SERVICES and DIRECTION OF PAYMENT Agreement. They gain your trust by getting your homeowners insurance info and telling you they'll deal directly with the insurance for you. You’re vulnerable, your home is damaged, you believe them, then they have you sign a contract with NO DOLLAR AMOUNT. When I signed the agreement, I had my own independent inspection conducted by a licensed mold inspector from an Environmental Company that included a full protocol and an estimate to complete the work that was $3 - 7K.
East Coast Environmental Restoration admitted they are bound by the protocol outlined and agreed that the cost would be close to the protocol's estimate and that is how part 1 of the scam begins. Once they have control of the insurance company payments, they then figure out the maximum amount your insurance company usually pays for such a claim and they then bill your insurance company that amount. The insurance company approves the claim but East Coast Environmental Restoration does not do all the work. They only do just enough to make it seem as if they did, which is part 2 of the scam. The scam on you.
HERE'S THEIR SCAM:
It is the, we get paid no matter what, clause in the contract that reads…
"If for any reason, client receives a check from Insurance Company made payable to Client, Client agrees to pay provider immediately upon receipt of the check.”
This clause says they get paid EVEN IF…
- They do not include a dollar amount on the contract or provide you with --The Statement of Work or even the estimates or invoices that they provide to your insurance company.
- They bill your insurance company ($21,475.28) more than 3 times the estimated cost ($3000-$7000) included in the protocol you provide them with by a licensed mold inspector & environmental company.
- They violate several OSHA standards.
- Whatever they do get done is shoddy work.
- They do not even complete the work in the initial protocol that was quoted at $3-$7K and have to come back a 2nd time to do it again properly.
- You have recorded them on video not following the protocol outlined by the environmental company.
- Your house still smells like mold.
- You get sick from the smell of mold.
- You have your 3rd mold inspection conducted that exposes the shoddy work when East Coast Environmental Restoration says their job is 100% complete but then they refuse to do all the remaining items listed to complete the new protocol outlined by the final inspection.
- Your insurance company recognized your situation and issued the final check to you in your name because East Coast Environmental Restoration did not follow protocol and your house still smells like mold.
- Your insurance company says not to pay them until you are satisfied or find someone else to complete the job.
- You have someone else complete the job properly.
- They engage in unfair debt collection practices by having Maria Chiappone call you several times a day screaming at you and threatening you. She revealed their scam by saying, “No matter what we did or didn’t do, when you signed that contract, you signed over the insurance payments to us so that money is ours!”
East Coast Environmental Restoration did ALL of that to me and wants me to pay them the "final payment" of $7975.36 for services they did not render or complete. Don’t let this happen to you. Avoid East Coast Environmental Restoration at all costs!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2021 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/east-coast-environmental/farmingdale-new-york-edwin-1510042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.