Complaint Review: ebaymotors - Atlanta Georgia, Florida, other unknown State (s)
ebaymotors Mary King Responded to ebay ad from "" and sent four sets of ebay gift card numbers to totalling $800 for purchase and delivery of her "late husband's" golf cart. Atlanta Georgia, Florida, other unknown State (s)
Threads of all correspondence with seller Mary King and ebay motors:
1. On Mon, Jun 28, 2021, I recd a response from the seller Mary King who wrote: “thank you for contacting me about my 2014 Club Car Precedent 48 golf cart for sale. The golf cart is in showroom condition, no damage, no hidden defects and hasn't been involved in any accidents. Please read below all the information about the golf cart:- Price : $800.00....etc. Price was reduced because I own this golf cart from my husband who ...died two months ago …...so this golf cart has to go. I will wait for your reply if you're still interested in buying ..”
2.On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 I (Albert M. Scalzo wrote that I will buy this cart. Address where the cart is located? Your phone number to make pickup arrangement. Do you prefer payment at time of pickup by credit card, personal check, certified check, or cash? Please respond ASAP.
3. On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 Mary King wrote back explaining how the transaction works in .. in order for me to understand the transaction. She “set up this sale with ebay so this deal must go through them. The golf cart is in ebay custody at their shipping company sealed with all the papers (title signed by me, ownership, insurance papers etc) in Atlanta. The transaction will be managed by ebay for our own protection as they act as a neutral third party, which means that you will have a 5 days inspection period (starting from the moment when you get it) before committing to buy the golf cart. If the golf cart is not in the same condition as I said, you will ship it back on my expense and ebay will send you a full refund. But I assure you it won't be the case. If interested in concluding this purchase in a timely manner email her full name and shipping address to open a case with ebay. They will contact me to explain the entire procedure without any obligation to buy it or fees.
4. On Wed, Jun 30, 2021, 3:12 PM Mary King wrote Re: 2014 Club Car golf cart that she had “ been told that ebay sent the invoice to your email address , to " ..Read it carefully and let her know if you want to go further with the paperwork so I she could arrange the shipping forms. (I did not make a copy of the invoice.)
5. On 6/30/2021 4:16 PM, ebaymotors wrote: saying that they "use ebay gift cards as the payment method and we also guarantee you 100% protection and insurance in this transaction, because the seller is not using a PayPal account. They said the eBay Gift Card “lets you enjoy the benefits of PayPal without a credit card or bank account and to “Confirm the payment by replying to this email the following details: 13-digits Redemption Code on the back of the four ebay cards" which I did on 06/30/2021.
6. On 6/30/2021 5:18 PM, ebaymotors wrote to inform me that they " received the email regarding payment confirmation and that payment verification process usually takes less than 24 hours and that they would “contact you tomorrow with more information about shipping” the cart.
7. On 07/01/2021 I phoned ebay Customer Service to report the suspected fraud and to stop the transaction. I gave the four ebay gift card activation numbers after a few minutes she reported: " I already verified the status of these gift cards and unfortunately they were already redeemed. It means that you were actually involved in a scam. However, we understand how important is this for you so we can actually help you to freeze them and report them as a cybercrime. I have frozen the gift cards. I also created the report for you so we can assist the authorities on this matter. Next step is for you to report this to the Federal Trade Commission to start the formal investigations which I did on 07/01/2021.
I asked ebay Securitywhy the ebay cards redeemer could not be IDed by cross-checking the redemption numbers which would be similar to credit cards and got no satisfactory response, nor how these gift cards could be redeemed for cash instead of products. Ebay CS also suggested filing the above report with Spoof on another ebay CS website which I did on 07/16/2021. I have had no response from Ebay Security, SPOOF at Ebay, the scammers, or the FTC on recovery of my $800 loss.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2021 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/ebaymotors/atlanta-georgia-florida-state-1510981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.