Complaint Review: First Progress Mastercard - Johnson City Tennessee
First Progress Mastercard First Progress First Progress makes it almost impossible to get your deposit returned on their secured credit card Johnson City Tennessee
First Progress is an unethical, scammy secured credit-card provider. They offer a pre-paid credit card with a hefty deposit, such as $500. Then, when you don't want to pay their annual fee anymore, they make it very difficult, if not almost impossible, to get your pre-paid deposit back:
1. There is no email address or phone number on your statement.
2. You have to send them a physical letter asking for your account to be closed and your deposit returned.
3. You get a letter a few weeks later saying your account is closed, but no mention of your deposit is made.
4. This letter has the first phone number where you can actually call them.
5. Alas, the menu on the voicemail of the company has no option to talk to a real person, or resolve your issue of the missing deposit.
6. I punched random numbers on the menu until I came across, by accident, a menu that said I could talk to a person.
7. That menu option sounds like no person will pick up, but I waited for a couple of minutes, and a person finally came on the line who said it would take 10 weeks (!) for my deposit to be returned.
8. I will file a report with the Tennessee State Attorney General if it doesn't arrive.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2019 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/first-progress-mastercard/johnson-city-tennessee-makes-1489458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.