Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Georgias Own Credit Union - Atlanta georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Aishah — Georgia United States
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

On 03/21/2024 $104 was deducted from my checking account, while the card was in possession, from the Loves truck stop at 4238 Old Dobbins Bridge Rd, Fair Play, SC 29643.  Georgias Own Credit Union did no investigation. The followed occured:  05/21/2024  I made to calls to customer service at 800-533-2062 for a total of 40 minutes; I received a letter on 06/10/2024 backdated to 06/10/2024 (that's physically impossible even by FedEx), stating that they were provisionally returning the money to my accountI visited a branch and got copy of my 03/24 statement; I cancelled that card in April 2024;

That was not on my copy retrieved from the Conyers GA branch; There was nothing listed on 06/10 at all, the date was 06/15/2024; On 06/16/2024, I visited the 881 Peachtree Branch and inquired about the provisional refund and was told by the manager that they would send an email to the fraud department and card sevices.

Additionally, my new card had a deduction of $63.46  Point of Sale Withdrawal TST, DOG BISCUIT, Decatur, GA on 04/28/2024.  The fraud department stated that it was for National Dog Biscuit Day, and they had no address for it. My new card remained on me, and I have no pets and don't know what holiday this is if it's one at all. I called customer service about this as well, because card services does not communicate with customers. The manager at 881 Peachtree Street included this in that email on my behest.  The fraud department refused to  respond.

However, the lady who is the manager at card services replied to my continued pleas for relief stated, with zero investigations and no written proof, "That was the customer who swiped her card and put in her pin at the Loves in Fair Play, SC.  She also swiped and put her pin in for the Dog Biscuit BO Decatur, GA."

I have no idea what this card services manager was talking about, and asked for an address so I can file a police report.  I picked up my third debit card on 06/18/2024 but I'm afraid to use it, because they don't follow federal or state banking rules.  Georgias Own Credit Union's Card Services Manager reported that they have no address for this transaction.  She would not talk to me, and this suspicious activity has not ceased.  I will file a complaint with the National Crime Information Center, file a police report in the counties where they happened and make my claim with the NCUA at mycreditunion.gov

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2024 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/georgias-credit-union/atlanta-georgia-gcu-card-1533047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Dumb

AUTHOR: Flint - (United States)

POSTED: Thursday, June 27, 2024

First, using a debit card for purchases is dumb. Any thief who can skim your card can then drain your account. Use a credit card and pay off the balance at the end of the month. Credit cards have much more robust fraud protection. I am guessing your card got skimmed at a self service gas pump. Second, this "dog biscuit bo" thing took me about 30 seconds to figure out. It's the company name for a bowling alley called "Comet Pub and Lanes". I am guessing you went there. If it was a chip enabled card present transaction, someone would have to have both your card and your PIN, so the bank isn't going to believe that it's fraud. Most likely a family member is borrowing your card, possibly without your knowledge.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair