Complaint Review: Ghostbed - Plantation Florida
Ghostbed Nature's Sleep Gives a Partial Refund Instead of a Full Refund - Buyer Beware Plantation Florida
I purchased a King Size Adjustable Base Foundation and a King Size Mattress (GhostBed 3D Matrix) from Ghostbed on 12/27/20. The mattress and the foundation base were shipped separately and finally arrived for a complete set up on January 9, 2021.
After trying the mattress out for 30 days, it slept very hot in the middle of winter but I kept trying to like the mattress as I hate to return items, especially that large. In the end, I could not imagine sleeping on it in the spring and summer and so I initiated a return via email per their instructions.
After repeated automated messages about how busy they were, I sent Ghostbed a certified letter stating the reason for my return and the amount due me. Dennis with Ghostbed responded to me on March 30, 2021 with instructions on the return which basically instructed me to donate to a reputable charity. The charity picked up the mattress on April 22, 2021, receipt was sent to Ghostbed and they acknowledged the receipt on 5/3/21.
In Dennis with Ghostbed's email to me, he stated that in their “terms and conditions” see, there was a reference to “promotional discounts originally received at the time of purchase are always applied towards the mattress” and that I would not receive a full refund for the mattress as stated in their refund policy as they were now applying my adjustable base foundation discount to my mattress along with the mattress discount. There is no asterisk or reference to this information on the Receipt nor the Ghostbed Refund Policy.
Below is why Ghostbed owes me a refund and the breakdown of the purchase and credits.
- When I purchased my mattress and foundation, I did not receive a “bundled” discount. I received a receipt for 30% off of each piece, and each piece was discounted separately. There is no reference on the receipt of the “terms and conditions” mentioned above, nor was there a reference on the receipt to a bundle discount.
- The day that I purchased the mattress, I read their entire Refund Policy on their website which states that I will receive a “full refund”. There is no reference to the above terms and conditions. A full refund means a full refund. A customer makes their decision to purchase based upon the logical/relatable information that the company gives.
- I donated the mattress per their instruction and sent them the donated receipt which they acknowledged.
It appears to me that Ghostbed is trying to twist their own refund policy around to suit their needs . Full Refund does not mean a Partial Refund. This is quite fraudulent.
My refund should have been as follows which is the same documentation that I send to Ghostbed,
- Mattress Price $2995.00 with 30% off. My price $2,097.00 plus 9.5% Tennessee tax of $199.21) for a total mattress refund of $2,296.21.
- We kept the pillows at 50% off ($170 for pillows at 50% off = $85.00 plus 9.5% Tennessee tax of $8.07 for a total of $93.07.)
- Deduct the $93.07 from the $2,296.21 mattress refund. The total refund back to me is $2,203.14.
- Refund given to me was $1418.00.
- Difference in credit amount due me of $785.14.
- Ghostbed owes me an additional credit back to my CitiCard in the amount of $785.14.
This company is a total ripoff and I believe that is the only way they are making their money. They say they have 35,000-5 star reviews but there is no legitimate review system on their site so they are more than likely not legitimate. Look at the hundreds of bad reviews on various sites including two separate ones on the BBB. Imagine how many customers have not complained. Also, the mattress review companies such as mattress clarity, etc are paid affiliates. Do not buy from this company. You will be disappointed and of course ripped off. I ended up buying a Plushbed which is terrific!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2021 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/ghostbed/plantation-florida-natures-1509944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.