Complaint Review: Gordon D. Shine JR - Cedar Hill
Gordon D. Shine JR Jay Shine Jordon Jay Jordan Shine Dave Thomas Tag Team Construction Blessing Builders Final Touch Movers Sun Shine's Playhouse Sun Shine's Playhouse Nail Bar did shoddy work to home and caused damage to my home Cedar Hill
On 04/29/2020 the "handyman" represented himself as "Dave Thomas", gave me quotes for several items in my home. I asked for insurance/bond, etc, he said he'd send it to me after I signed the agreement. When I received the email with the agreed quotes/agreements (no insurance or bond), it came from "Jay Shine". I asked Dave who Jay Shine was and he responded it was his brother, he and his brother are running the business together.
He promised all the work done in a week. He called his "crew" to my home and somewhere between 7-10 men showed up to work at different time during the day. I paid him $1,200 cash on the 04/29/20 and another $1,000 04/30/20 by apple pay.
The same day I gave him the 3rd payment, he QUIT showing up to my house and the men working dwindled to 1-2 different men and they either didn't show up or showed up late. He was paid a total of $4,105.02 & took possession of $2,000 jet ski. I contacted him several times about the shoddy work being done to my home and his response was "wasn't I watching what they were doing?". Ridiculous, that's his job, he was the person hired to the job.
On the first day, they worked on the sheetrock on both bathrooms. They removed the plugs and never put them back and left the bathroom with no working plugs and wires exposed. One guy showed up late to work on the sheetrock and after looking at it, apologized and said it was an awful job and didn't know if he could fix it. He told me he was going to do his best and was going to Home Depot and would be "right back" . He left and never showed up. The next day another crew of two guys showed up. They told me they used the wrong size of sheetrock. One of the two worked on the sheet rock for two days and made it look descent. While the other worked on the painting on the porch.
2. Dave was suppose to repaint the posts on my porch, again he had a worker paint and did a bad paint job (paint dripping, wood porch painted). He sent another "crew" to repaint. One guy did the best he could to fix the bad paint job.
3. Dave threw out 2 reusable AC filters and was suppose to replace them. After constant complaints my AC was running without a filter, he sent someone to place filter, after he left and I looked, he only used 1 filter (they wrong type) and place it in the incorrect spot! Reported it to Dave again and he said he ordered the correct filter and they it hasn't arrived yet. So why did the random guy show up with a filter? no clue, makes no sense. My AC ran with no filter for 2 weeks until I ordered it from Amazon and replaced it myself.
4. When his "crew" worked on my water heater (lifting it and placing a drip tray under), water heater still had water and it flushed all over my floor and they left a leak for two days. After complaining, he sent another crew of 2 worked on it, again water all over my floors. Water leaked again, so it was repaired and on the third the main water was busted when they tried to shut the water off (city had to come out and fix it).
5. "Dave" was supposed to install new subflooring and put new flooring down in my kitchen. Instead two different work crews "patched" the subflooring. The first crew did a bad patch job, second crew tried to fix it and even it out. Then, he sent a completely different person install the floors. First, the guy told me that "Dave" didn't purchase enough flooring and had to come back a second day. After the 2nd day, he finished and left the floor bubbly (he laid down linoleum), glue oozing from the seams and gaps between the hall flooring and some seams. Also, due bad "patch" work on the sub flooring (gaps everywhere) he couldn't fix it properly. On certain spots, the only thing separating the outside with my kitchen is just the linoleum. Not to mention the damaged made to the underbelly of my house leaving pipes, and wires exposed to the environment.
6. During the second week of working on my home, when hardly anyone was working on my house, 2 different men came looking for "Jordan" and "Jay" because he hadn't paid him and they could not find him. Turns out Dave Thomas is not even his real name. They told me that the men that came to my house for the last 2 weeks were completely random people "Jay" hired off Craigslist. These two individual came looking for him trying to track him down because he had not paid them for work they had done for him. "Dave" was not answering their calls and they had no clue of his real name or address.
7. The crew of two that repaired the sheet rock on my bathroom and repainted the posts on my porch became worried about their wage. That was the only crew that actually did a descent job and again, they had been hired off of Craigslist . Later, one of the guys reached out to let me know that they too didn't get paid for work done to my home.
8. He promised to show up to my home and do the skirting on my home on 5/17, which again was a no show. Then I received a text stating he will be at my home on 05/18 at 12 pm. After again not showing up and having random people showing up at my house looking for him, I let him know his services was no longer needed. I no longer felt safe allowing him to send random people to my house and doing bad work. He immediately asked for the balance or he was going to file a lien on my home. Basically tried to intimidate me. At that point, i knew I did the right thing not allowing him to send anyone else to my home.
Since he had several different men coming to my home, which later I found out may have had criminal records, and he was trying to intimidate me into paying him for the "contract" signed, I found that Dave's real name is Gordon D. Shine, Jr. with a criminal record of theft and identity theft in Dallas Co, Tarrant Co and Collin Co. I also found several Rip-Off reports and a history of bad work and not paying his "guys". I went to the address on the invoice and it's fake. He also has several business names out there including "Blessing Builders". I contacted the police and filed a report and the police are now patrolling my home due to the amount of strangers "Dave" allowed into my home.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2020 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/gordon-d-shine-jr/cear-hill-jay-joron-jay-joran-1496819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.