X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ideal Auto Protect - Jersey City NJ

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Fabienne — Tyngsboro United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Ideal Auto Protect 111 Town Square PL Ste 12003 Jersey City , NJ United States

Ideal Auto Protect Ideal Auto Protect took my money they did not honor my claim. I paid them $ 1602.00. I paid $ 2144.09 for the repairs on the vehicle and 26.07 for the balance on the rental. Now they confiscated 2 years payment for one year of service that they did not provide. Jersey City NJ

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My name is Fabienne B Myrthil. On 08/20/2020 I bought an Auto warranty Policy from Ideal Auto Protect  online for $1602.00. The vehicle is a 2013 Chrysler town and country Van that I leased in 06/18/2013 and bought on 06/2015. I bought the vehicle with a warranty policy from MOPART for around $ 1800.00 at the time. The policy was for 7 years. On 06/17/2020 it expired. On 08/02/2020 I called MOPART to renew the policy.

On 08/19/2020 MOPART conducted an inspection on the vehicle and found a leak on the cooler transmission cooler line and asked me to repair it. MOPART asked for about $ 3700.00 to renew the policy. I declined the policy. On 08/20/2020 I called Ideal Auto Protect and bought a policy from them for $1602.00. I asked the agent who sold me the policy about the inspection, she said the company does not conduct inspection, I informed her that I just had one done but the policy was too high. She told me that as long as the vehicle if working properly, I will be fine.

On about 10/05/2020 I had an issue with the van AC system. I took the vehicle to the dealer. I contacted Ideal Auto About the AC since I know that the transmission cooler line was a prior condition, I didnt put a claim for it.

After a week at the deal, the Ideal Auto Protect appraisor finally came and declared that the AC issue was a prior condition and the compagny declined responsibility for the claim. I called customer service and requested to talk to supervisors, they still denied the claim but offered me a money order for $ 320.00 that I received after months of calling.

I filled a complaint with the Better Busuness Bureau, I filled a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General Office. Nothing has been done. On 08/25/2020, I called customer service to cancel the policy. After one year with the policy, the offered me $648.64.  I called customer service and a claim manager offered me $ 773.64 out of the $ 1602.00 for the 4 years contract if I remove the negative comment I posted online about what happened.

At the time I purchased the policy with IDeal Auto, I referred my aunt. Five months later she called them up for an issue with her vehicle, the compagny never sent an appraisor to the dealer. My aunt sold the car. It is been over five (5) months and the company still did not send her her refund back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2021 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/ideal-auto-protect/jersey-city-nj-took-money-did-1511521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair