Complaint Review: Jerry Roland with Advanced Pool Design Groveland Florida - Groveland florida
Jerry Roland with Advanced Pool Design Groveland Florida has Poor Quality Construction, lies to get the sell, installed stained pavers, wrong interior pool color, and could never hit a deadline in Groveland florida
Stay Away. Jerry Roland is a smooth talking salesman who will say anything to get the sale. We were in the market for a new pool and came across Jerry at the Gas station here locally. He acted like a "good ol boy" during the sales process telling my wife and I anything we wanted to hear.
Basic things such as, "we can do screens, pavers, and take care of that for you", he upsold us on everything from an automatic screen to artistic pavers by telling us how much better they would be. Verbatim "you can spill red wine on artistic pavers and they won't stain" ... while immediately after putting in the pavers, that were supposed to be white, they have dark orange/brown spots on them. See pictures.
Then he said "you can choose whatever color spillway granite you'd like, we don't even put it on the contract because it doesn't matter" - boy was that a mistake. Not to mention, we chose an interior color for the pool and they put a completely different color inside!
Our contract says one color but the color they used is completely different! First time pool builders we are and this guy took advantage of us. There are about a dozen dishonest things Jerry said and did that should stop him from ever building another pool in Florida. Let me outline them below;
1) Jerry claimed they needed access to do the construction, so I drive my 8 inch lifted f250 to my backyard to show him there was plenty of room. His team of contractors he hired spoke little to no english and did not follow the wide open path to get into the backyard. Instead they drove over brand new laid paver driveway with track machines and backhoes. Leaving gouges and oil stains as well as ruining 1/3 of the driveway. See pictures.
2) The asphalt road right before you pull on my driveway has gouges from his contractors and machines they used to drive to the back yard. Mind you over the driveway and not the way I clearly showed them. Unfortunately, the downfall here is that Jerry scheduled to be at our house to go over this when they first showed up but no showed 5x and when asked pushed back the date a few days at a time. We were out of town on a friday and they showed up and destroyed the driveway without any remorse. See Pictures.
3) During the sales process as I mentioned, Jerry sold us on artistic pavers that were "stain proof". They are stained orange and brown. See Pictures.
4) We chose the color for the interior and it was written on the contract. We chose tahiti- they put in Tahoe. See pictures for the difference in color.
5) During the construction, there were over 2 dozen times Jerry scheduled something with us to be home or for us to review and he either no showed or cancelled. Then when they did show up they told no one and things were incorrect or not allowing us to give our thoughts on it.
6) During the construction, after he sold us on the artistic pavers that are stained, he had some guy coming into our back yard and loading up our old pavers off our back porch. We told Jerry up front we would be re using the pavers for a fire pit area outside of the pool deck during the sals process and prior to construction. His response was "You've got plenty leftover" via a text message. As if that was his call to make.
7) Jerry then told us that they would be removing the old screens when they put up the new automatic screen. A contractor came over with no shoes on, shorts and no shirt and tore down the gutters and down spouts, during this he completely ruined the gutters to the point we had to replace them and the downspout fell on our window screen tearing it.
When we brought this up to jerry initially, he said "no worries, we will fix all that. We will be putting up new gutters anyways"... after several months of Jerry telling both my wife and I they would get fixed and telling us he had it scheduled on a date, where we would take off work to be home, and noone showed up, he just told us "I'm not fixing them, its not in the contract". Well of course it's not in the contract because neither is ruining our downspouts and gutters when you replace the screen enclosures.
8) Jerry sold us on automation and a cell phone app to control the pool pump, heater, and lights. We still don't have a clue how to use this or what to do to get it as he's not showed us how or what to do. What seems like a great addition seems to be a waste of money now that its all said and done. The contract shows we paid for it, we don't have it. This will be a part of the law suit we file along with everything else.
9) When the pool tile was finished, there were stains of concrete chunks, paint, and other materials covering the interior tiles. Poor quality and lack of care. See pictures of our "finished pool" and how bad it looks.
10 ) The start date of the pool was April 4th. Its now October 15th and we still have no final inspection, our pool is leaking water, the pump has busted draining the pool completely down, and he refused to do anything to fix these things. We have filed a chapter 558 Florida Construction Defect notice with our lawyer and are awaiting resolution.
I would stay away from Jerry and Advanced Pool Design. The idea of giving a hometown company business and keeping it local is not worth the headache of having a slimeball salesman, poor contractors, and low quality pool that is incorrect and has dozens of defects. Not to mention we have a hot tub that doesn't work yet because he didn't realize you needed permits, so we have to wait for those and installation for several months from his poor knowledge.
If you are a pool company with any knowledge all of these things should not be an issue and you should know timing, contractors, dates, scheduling, and quality control if you're hiring out the entire project to people who have little to no communication skills.
STAY AWAY! Poor Quality. Poor Customer Service. Poor Sales Strategies. Slimey Say anything tactics. Awful Experience. What an expensive mistake we've made! I hope noone else has the same experience.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2019 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/jerry-roland-advanced-pool/poor-quality-construction-hit-1486378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.