Complaint Review: Kevin Jolley , Computer Repair - Prattsville Alabama
Kevin Jolley , Computer Repair, Mr SEO, 323-801-3124, Prattsville Alabama 36066 Kevin Jolley Mr SEO Left Without Checking Out, When Customer is Around he Tells Us We Dont Need to Pay Him For Poor Work, But is Later Paid directly by customer and still tries to get us to pay him even though we made ZERO, because of his poor work. Prattsville Alabama
Kevin comes off as a nice guy, he's not hard to get along with, which is why it surprised me when he tried to pull a fast one on us. First of all, we NEVER tell a customer " no fix no pay". Never. We never give a customer any kind of idea that we will drive out to them for free, and they don't have to pay if they don't feel like it.
Second of all, I am always 100% ok with not charging the customer......so long as the tech is also ok with not charging us. You see how that works?
Well, as quality control, i'm always looking out for the customers best interest and always making sure actual work has been performed for them, and that the work performed produce results.
I understand sometimes problems can't be " fixed" unless a new part is bought or a new program installed. Sometimes it's like taking your car to the shop, and having to pay $140 just to find out why the check engine light is coming on, but then you're told to fix the underlying issues it's going to cost you X amount more.
So what you sometimes have are people who walk out of the car repair shop pissed off because they had to pay the initial $140 charge just to be told what's wrong,....but become even angrier when the mechanic has the nerve to tell them they will need to pay more money to actually get the new parts to then have work done on it and to finally get it all fixed.
So what you sometimes have is a combination of unreasonable customers , and techs who dont give a s**** about your customer, but want to be paid no matter what , even if they performed poor work, and even if it means taking your customer for himself after having performed poor work but then able to scrape whatever the customer is willing to pay him directly.....OUTSIDE OF YOU.....THE COMPANY WHOSE MONEY CREATED HIS JOB, AND CREATED CUSTOMER BEING ABLE TO MEET THIS TECH WHO SHE THINKS IS OH SO NICE AND SHOULD BE PAID FOR HIS TIME, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO FIX HER PROBLEM, AND DOESN'T WANT TO PAY THE PRICE SHE HAD FIRST AGREED TO PAY FOR SERVICE WHEN CALLING US.
I don't have to write too much about Kevin Joleys actions today, because you will be able to hear it all for yourself with the recorded phone call I have uploaded.
1) Kevin Joley does what every tech who is trying to sneak off to later charge us money for poor work or no work does,......he fails to call us BEFORE leaving so we can be put on speakerphone with customers!
A perfect system we have in place to detect any problems right there and then when tech tells us he is done with the work, but most importantly, BEFORE we ask our customer to pay for techs work.
2) Kevin Jolly was already out the door and in his car ( tell tale sign he knew he wouldn't want to pay for his work either if he were our customer, but he's going to try to juice the money out of us regardless of his poor work and regardless of our customer not wanting to pay us for his poor work) Think about this one when you start weighing out whos wrong and who's right in this story.
3) You hear customers frustrated and upset ( not with me, i'm just the nice guy on the phone that first told her our price for service and never promised her " no fix no pay" when she first called us). Even though she won't admit it,.....she's upset with Kevin Jollys inability to do anything for her computers after 3hrs and 30minutes. Do I feel for her? Of course I do! So much so that you hear me tell both tech and customer that I'm ok with whatever amount of time all parties want to agree to, and whatever amount of time all parties feel is " fair".
4) Customer wants to tell me about how horrible Kevin Joleys work was, and that Kevin wasn't able to fix anything, but then when Kevin steps back into the room its " OH KEVIN IS SUCH A NICE GUY, HE REALLY TRIED, ETC ETC" Ummm,,.....(yes mam, and that's why you need to now pay us,...because even though i never promised you " no fix no pay" and even though your issue ultimately wasn't fixed, Kevin is such a nice guy and he tried). Well guess what ,...human nature wouldn't allow customers to say those " in a perfect world" words; so instead, the customer insists she shouldn't pay and someone else should pay for Kevins short shortcomings , but that somebody shoulnt be her.
5) So here is what ends up happening, even after my asking everyone what price and what amount of time is fair, the customer only wants to pay 1hr, and again, i'm ok with that if tech is ok with that.......but look at what happens next ! And what happens next is the reason I am now writing this rip off report on Kevin Joley. You hear Kevin tell both myself and the customer that he feels bad and he shouldn't be paid anything at all.
I'm about to say what i always say when that kind of situation occurs where tech is honest about his inability and is honest about his shouldn't have to make the customer pay for his poor work.....i was about to say "OK, THAT'S FINE WITH ME, IF TECH DOESN'T WANT US TO PAY HIM WE WON'T ASK CUSTOMER TO PAY US EITHER, WELL JUST CLOSE IT AT ZERO, AND THANK YOU"
But no.....what you hear in the phone call after Kevin say he doesn't need to be paid , what you then hear is the customer say " OHHHH NOOO KEVIN, ILL PAY YOU DIRECTLY ",....not in those exact words, but listen to the recording and be the judge. But what happens right after you hear the customer is even more damning,......KEVIN JOSELY THEN HANGS THE PHONE UP ON US !!!!!! AFTER REALIZING WE JUST HEARD THE CUSTOMER SAY SHE WILL PAY HIM DIRECTLY!!!!!
BUT WAIT.....IT GETS BETTER....OR WORST...WHATEVER SIDE OF THE FENCE YOU FEEL LIKE STANDING ON.....NEITHER KEVIN NOR OUR CUSTOMER.....MY CUSTOMER!.....MY CUSTOMER WHO I CREATED WITH MY MARKETING MONEY......MY CUSTOMER WHO I ALLOWED KEVIN TO PARTAKE IN WORK WITH......NEITHER KEVIN NOR OUR CUSTOMER EVER PICK UP OUR PHONE CALLS EVER AGAIN AFTER THIS !!!!!!!
That's right ! They both block me !!!!
Wow,.....yea that's right,....im such a bad guy that i should be blocked by both the cheapskate customer, and the 2 faced tech who only cares about himself and his pocket and could care less about my customer or my company name. Yea....block me!,.....Oh , but make sure you block me AFTER i have given you free work Kevin, and AFTER I introduced you to MY customer who gave you my money and in its entirety while i get nothing!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2021 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/kevin-jolley-computer-repair/left-checking-customer-tells-1512435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.