X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: MONAKER GROUP INC -

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: JB — United States

MONAKER GROUP INC Nextrip Biz Extraordinary Vacations Group Scammer telemarketers sold me vacation package for $700 and disappeared!

*General Comment: Stopped after the first paragraph.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I received three calls in the same day from this company claiming to be "Extraordinary Vacations" and finally on the third time I picked up. At first I told the salesperson Jeff that I was not interested and that my number is on the DO NOT CALL list. He told me that he was calling because I was a VIP and I had earned a special incentive trip because I travel often. So I let him do his spiel and he even showed me the resort website and everything. I took a chance and paid $700 for the package with my debit card.

When I saw the charge it showed up as "Nextripbiz" not Extraordinary Vacations (first red flag). I called the next day and spoke to a nice young lady who seemed helpful at the time and she told me that the names were different because it was a promotion serviced by different vendors or something of that nature. She was a smooth talker and it sounded reasonable at the time. In hindsight of course, when something sounds too good to be true it usually is...and a company that goes by many different names is NOT to be trusted.

A few weeks later I called because I told a friend about it and he wanted to know if he could get the same deal. No answer. (Second red flag). I tried calling at different times, evening, morning, late night and no one was picking up the phone. I tracked down Jeff the sales guy because he gave me his cell number when he sold me the deal. He told me that he was working with another company because he thinks that one is a scam but there's nothing he can do about it. He told me to call a guy named Chris who worked with Extraordinary Vacations.

All Chris would tell me is that the company's real name is Monaker Group Inc and they go by different names and he said if I couldn't reach someone on the number provided I should call my cc company and try to get a refund. I did but my credit union said they had to do an investigation and it could take up to 30 days to get my money back.

I just got my refund now almost a month later. BUYER BEWARE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2020 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/monaker-group/nextrip-biz-extraordinary-1493871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

Stopped after the first paragraph.

AUTHOR: John - (United States)

POSTED: Friday, April 10, 2020

You know it's a scam. You tell them you aren't interested. Then you listen to the shpiel....and give the guy who cold-called you $700. WIth your DEBIT CARD, no less. I have no words. I also have no sympathy. People like you are determined to throw their money away and then complain that it's gone. And now I read to the end....and you got your money back.

That's actually too bad, since you probably didn't learn a painful lesson you'll have to learn in the future when you CAN'T get your money back. But I find it quite amazing that you got money back after using a Debit Card, those have far fewer protections than Credit Cards.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair