Complaint Review: Orange Lake Resort - Kissimmee Florida
Orange Lake Resort Holiday Inn Club Vacations Inc. Holiday Inn Club Vacation At Orange Lake Resort Orange Lake Country Club Orange Lake Resort’s horrible and fraudulent business practices Kissimmee Florida
Beware of Orange Lake Resorts and Holiday Inn Vacations, Inc. They make promises in their sales pitch that are not true and are not reflected in the contract they want you to sign. The legal term for this is “fraud in the inducement.” If you have experienced any of the following then you have experienced fraud in the inducement:
1) This offer is good for today only.
2) The timeshare is a great investment and it will appreciate in value over time.
3) The timeshare presentation is only going to be 90 minutes (and then it lasts much longer).
4) The timeshare is in such demand it could always be RENTED for a profit.
5) You are buying pre-construction and this timeshare can be SOLD for a profit after the next “phase.”
6) This week/resort is in such a valuable week to the exchange companies that you can trade for "anytime, anywhere."
7) This maintenance fee will not increase over time – or – there is a special reason why this resort should only have small incremental maintenance increases.
8) You will be attending an "update" to discuss questions (also called a policy change, owners update, etc… - Later it was actually a sales presentation).
9) This is not timeshare but Vacation Ownership or Vacation Property.
10) You were subjected to high-pressure sales tactics or felt that you could not leave the presentation without purchasing timeshare.
There are laws against using dishonest sales techniques. Timeshare companies that use these techniques are committing a crime against you. They get away with it because it is expensive to litigate. Hiring timeshare exit companies works sometimes, but there are a lot of scammers in that market as well, so be careful and do your research.
If you have purchased and want out there is a 10 day grace period in Florida during which time you can cancel and receive all your money back. After 10 days it gets a lot harder, but it can be done. Don’t let them intimidate you. Remember: they have been unethical and have probably committed fraud to get your money.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2019 11:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/orange-lake-resort/kissimmee-florida-holiday-inn-1486232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.