Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Sheila Bradley - Sebree Kentucky

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By:
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Sheila Bradley Sebree, Kentucky United States

Sheila Bradley Diana Taylor Wheatley A Cautionary Story: Don't Rent from Family Sebree Kentucky

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

In fall 2020, my husband and I were in the midst of looking for a rental home. With the house market being so dire, it was challenging to find a home. My husband's aunt Sheila Bradley came up with the idea of purchasing a duplex from her in-laws since they were no longer interested in managing the property.  Once she purchased the property, she'd rent one side to us and the other side to her sister Peggy, my mother-in-law. I wasn't very keen about the idea at first, especially since I'd have to move to another state (Kentucky) even though I was a town away (Evansville, Indiana). However, everyone (my husband, mother-in-law, and Sheila) finally had me warm up on the idea. Our side was the perfect place for our family - with a lot of space as well as a spacious outdoor deck and backyard. Plus, a fairly quiet neighborhood! My 15 year old quickly fell in love with it as well as my 4-year-old and 9-year-old. My 9-year-old wasn't keen on the idea of going to a different school at first since she'd be leaving behind her friends. However, she quickly made some friends around the neighborhood and look forward to going to a new school.

Fast forward to November 7th, 2021, my husband was in the midst of getting our car out of a repair shop when he received a call from his mom to let him know that we'd have to move and soon! The reason? My husband's aunt Diana Wheatley (Sheila's and his mom's other sister) husband Bill was dying and she needed another place to move after he passed away.  She claimed that she and Diana talked about this before, but they expected Diana's husband to live at least 2 or 3 years longer.
What?
A person can't put a time limit on anyone's life. Age or health doesn't have anything to do with our time on this earth. I do find it disheartening that Diana is going through this, but why our place of all places? Why not an apartment? A retirement community? Especially since we have a family, whereas Diana doesn't have any living children (her only child, an adult son, passed away a few years ago).
Sheila Bradley also claimed she was in the hole with this duplex and that Diana would buy it out (Peggy will still be renting her side, but we will be out of a place). Meanwhile, Sheila is in the midst of selling her current home and buying another house in December. Diana wants us out by January, so she can fully move in and doesn't want to at least wait it out a few more months so my kids can finish their school year here.
 My husband's aunt Sheila offered to give us our deposit back + pay a first month's rent on a place, but finding a rental, especially during these times, isn't easy. People are scooping up houses as soon as they become available! My husband tried to reason with his aunts, but there is no budging. His aunt Diana is set on living on our side, which is too much space (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and big living room + dining room) for a 75-year-old woman with a small dog. It would have made better sense if she wanted to live on Peggy's side, which is smaller and more suitable for her. Peggy hasn't been much help. She claims that Diane has been through too much in life (beat breast cancer 2x, lost 3 husbands to various illnesses, been through abusive marriages, and lost a son) and that she deserves to live here. I would think if someone had been through so much that they wouldn't be so selfish. She doesn't have any care in the world when it comes to disrupting our family's lives.
 Honestly, if I knew that their whole game plan was to eventually uproot our family's life so unexpectedly, I would have never moved here. Diana said there are plenty places of for us to move to in Henderson and we shouldn't have a problem finding a place. That's easier for her to say since she doesn't know what the current house market is like, obviously.  She doesn't have to go out searching for a place like we'd since she'll be buying a place from her sister. Honestly, we don't want any other place in Henderson. We wanted this place, but we'll have to relocate back to Indiana and change our kids' schools again in the middle of a school year. Take my words to heed: don't rent from family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2021 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/sheila-bradley/sebree-kentucky-diana-taylor-1513459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair