Complaint Review: shop.assurancewireless.com -
shop.assurancewireless.com assurance Wireless AN UNFAIR AND POSSIBLY ILLEGAL COLLUSSION BETWEEN ASSURANCE WIRELESS AND SHOP.ASSURANCEWIRELESS.COM
Assurance Wireless, a lifeline service is in an unethical collaboration with their sister company (located at the same address), shop.assurancewireless.com. They force you to buy only overpriced, and mostly used junk phones from them or shop.assurance. That is if you don't want the horrific, malfunctioning no power, breakdown pronem free phones that they send you.
They tell you that you cannot buy any phone from a store, website, other carrier, locked or even unlocked phone. That it will not work on Assurance Wireless and they will not help you program it or give you a simm card like all other carriors do. That you must buy from them. There is no other place to buy. Then when you go to their phone website, shop.assurancewireless.com, you see phones that have a price, (but they don't tell you they are refurbished until you click on them). And the price they are charging is much, higher than what I can buy that phone at online or at a major electronics retailer like best buy, microcenter, etc.
They will not even let you buy AN UNLOCKED PHONE, like anyone else will. Then when you get their used phone, they tell you that you only have a 2 month warranty. And if you attempt to return the phone for various reasons, they threaten to deduct restocking fees from up to 50% plus a $10 handling fee, to dissuade you from even doing that.
Then if you send the phone back, it takes over a month to get an exchange or partial refund to disswade you from doing it again. The bottom line: this is an unfair and illegal collusion between assurance wireless and assurance wireless.com to force consumers to buy used phones that for the same price you can get a new phone or buy new (older models) phones that are almost 100% higher than what they really cost.
They are taking advantage of poor people unfairly. Please put a stop to this OR take ASSURANCE WIRELESS OUT OF THE LIFELINE SERVICE and give the contract to someone else that is honest and fair. Thank You.
All returns must be accompanied by an RMA number written on the return package. You will be emailed an RMA label with a unique RMA number once your return has been authorized.
• Please enclose a copy of your RMA request including RMA number and order number with the return packaging.
• Do not return SIM cards and airtime cards. They are non-refundable.
• Please return the phone(s) along with all accessories and the original device packaging.
• Please note the issue(s) that you are experiencing with the device. We recommend that you use delivery confirmation for your return in order to insure proper delivery of your item.
• RMAs are processed during normal business hours Monday – Friday in order of receipt.
• You will receive notification when your return is received. This can be up to 1-2 business days after delivery at our facility.
• If the phone is found to not be defective and a refund is requested, a 20-50% restocking fee will be applied prior to refund depending on the condition of the phone and the completeness of the return. Shipping is non-refundable. A $10 shipping and handling fee will be applied to all refunded goods.
• You will receive notification within up to 5 business days of receipt of the disposition of your warranty or refund request.
• It can take up to 15 business days after receipt of your device for your refund to post.
Report Successfully Submitted
Report Number: 116150990
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2020 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/shopassurancewirelessdotcom/assurance-wireless-unfair-1491711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.