Complaint Review: Top Country Moving - Deerfield Beach FL,
Top Country Moving - An absolute NIGHTMARE! Deerfield Beach FL,
My boyfriend and I used Top Country Moving (Deerfield Beach, FL) to move from LA to NYC and it was an absolute disaster! The total price estimate for services was $5,404.12. We ended up paying $9,759, so we paid $4,354 more than the estimate. But, there’s more….Top Country Moving hired USA Logistics (Van Nuys, CA) to pack up and transport our things. (Keep in mind we trusted TCM and they never disclosed the company they chose for our move--after the move I did research on them and was astounded by what I read about them.
TCM should have been aware of their reputation before hiring them.) USA Logistics caused us $8,346.55 in damages! Almost all of our items arrived broken, the boxes smashed, and covered in hot sauce. Nothing was wrapped but all thrown together in boxes, even our TV’s, computers, and glassware. They even packed their used beer can in with our things. (This during a COVID-19 pandemic.) Currently, we’re taking legal action against both companies and I hope NO ONE else has to go through what we just went through. It was a total nightmare and we are still dealing with the stress, legal issues and loss of so much.
(For reference, here’s a link to the 150 photos showcasing this nightmare. https://flic.kr/ps/3W6EmU )
Here are some of the ways that Top Country Moving breached our contract:
1) If Victoria P. had done her job she would have discovered that in the past 3 years USA Logistics has had 97 complaints on FMCSA; an F rating with the BBB; and the owner has been convicted of multiple crimes and taken to court by businesses and individuals.
2) At no time were we told the moving company TCM chose. I had to learn about it myself by doing my own research.
3) Austin C. told us that he “personally knows the individual” who will be overseeing our move and that this person photographs everything before packing it. We will be requesting those pictures to show the condition of our belongings before USA Logistics got their hands on them.
4) Rachel J. assured us the movers would know how to pack breakable items and they’d wrap them in bubble wrap. But, if we were still concerned to tape “fragile” stickers. USA Logistics ignored the labels and put the items at the bottom of a box with boots, clothing and glass resting on top.
5) When USA Logistics arrived to pack our belongings they called to say that Top Country Moving underestimated the amount of boxes and we would have to pay an extra $4,000 right then and there or they would need to leave most of our stuff and we had no choice but to pay it.
6) We paid $779 for packing materials and many were not provided.
a) 1 mirror box.
b) 2 lamp boxes. USA Logistics put our lamp shades in a box with workout equipment and hangers and they’re now ruined; also, 3 lamp bases are ruined.
c) 16 wardrobe boxes with bars. USA Logistics stuffed our clothing into boxes that were over 5 ft and mixed with shoes, glass valuables (with “fragile” stickers), loose pieces of jewelry, and perfume bottles and there were no hanging bars.
d) 2 TV boxes. USA Logistics failed to secure our TV in boxes and one is ruined. They put it at the bottom of a box with a laptop resting up against it, which scratched the screen. Also, the cord is missing.
7) They promised blankets/bubble wrap to protect our furniture. Except for a chair and kitchen table, USA Logistics didn’t wrap our furniture. Most of it is damaged or ruined beyond repair.
8) They hired movers who DRINK ON THE JOB and threw their used beer into a box with our things.
9) They hired movers who covered multiple boxes and items with hot sauce, leading us to believe this was intentional since we didn’t have any hot sauce at the apartment. (It was also on a clothing rack, punching bag, and keyboard stand.)
10) We found a yellow substance on our shower curtain, and we’re wondering if the movers didn’t relieve themselves on it.
11) They promised that our furniture would be reassembled at delivery; the only thing the movers (All in One Movers) did was screwed the kitchen table together and tightened screws on a bookshelf.
12) About a week and a half ago we spoke with Victoria P. She told us we "turned down insurance" when USA Logistics arrived. That is a COMPLETE LIE.
a) Austin C. told me and my father that Top Country moving pays the full price for any damaged items "unlike those other companies." So we don't need to worry about purchasing 3rd party insurance.
b) They knew that a friend would be at our apt on moving day and everything was to be set up before arrival.
c) No one at USA Logistics asked our friend about insurance. Instead, USA Logistics wrote "void" on the paper. Our friend (who was in constant communication with us), said he was never asked about insurance. It was our friend who made the call letting us know they were demanding an extra $4,000 before they started.
d) She also committed fraud by lying and saying we had the wrong USA Logistics regarding the negative info we found.
IF YOU VALUE YOUR POSSESSIONS, DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!
Here’s Top Country Moving and USA Logistics latest ongoing court case. (Soon, they’ll have another one): https://dockets.justia.com/docket/california/cacdce/2:2020cv11513/805546
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2021 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/top-country-moving/deerfield-beach-fl-absolute-1506124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.