Complaint Review: Triplett Properties - Ames Iowa
Triplett Properties Filed False Collection Information Ames Iowa
The facts of this matter are:
· I left Tripplett Properties in Dec 31st, 2018
· I requested a final bill be sent to myself in February of 2019
o Iowa law requires a final bill be sent within 30 days of the request per Chapter 562A.12 (Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Law) Section 3. a. which states that a rental deposit mut be returned in full within 30 days of receiving written notice of where to send the deposit. Any withholding of such deposit will be notated in an itemized list provided to the tenant.
· Tripplett Properties sent me the final bill with the itemized withholdings and a partial refund in March of 2019.
· Hunter Warfield created a collections account for myself in August of 2019 and began to harass myself with mailings and consistent phone calls
o I requested them to cease both actions to which they did not
o I submitted a BBB complaint against the company which lead to them stop mailing and calling my phone
· In August 2019, I submitted a complaint to the Attorney General of Iowa to begin investigating Hunter Warfield. Hunter Warfield was unable to explain to the State Attorney General why they were trying to collect on a satisfied account and why they were ignoring the previously noted State laws
· In November 2019, Hunter Warfield placed a collections account on my Equifax report
o I was quickly able to dispute the account and Equifax reported that Hunter Warfield was unable to prove that the account was even my account to begin with
· In January 2020, Hunter Warfield again placed a collections account on my report, this time with TransUnion
o I was able to begin the dispute process when I noticed it on the report February 12th, 2020
Tripplett Properties have never asked for any payment since the final bill. Hunter Warfield has never sent an explanation as to why the bill is owed (i.e., an itemized list). Therefor, this account has been both fraudulently (not an account I owe) and illegally created (against State laws) and placed on my report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2020 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/triplett-properties/ames-iowa-filed-false-1491815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.