Complaint Review: USA Logistics INC., - Van Nuys, CA
USA Logistics INC., State to State Logistics, USA Movers, B & B Transportation Services -- Caused us over $8,000 in damages! Van Nuys, CA
My boyfriend and I hired the broker firm Top Country Moving to arrange our move from CA to NY and they hired USA Logistics aka USA Movers and State to State Logistics. Keep in mind, we trusted TCM to hire a reputable moving company and we were kept in the dark with who they chose. I figured it out by doing a reverse phone search. I’m not sure how USA Logistics is able to legally operate a business with all complaints and negligence but I’m in the process of taking legal action against both companies involved in our move. They were paid to pack and transport our things across the country and I’m at a loss for words in describing the $8,346.55 in damages they caused us.
(For reference, here’s a link to the 150 photos showcasing this nightmare. https://flic.kr/ps/3W6EmU )
1) In the last three years USA Logistics has 97 complaints according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration; an F rating with the BBB; and they have been convicted of multiple crimes, and taken to court by both business and individuals.
2) We were told by Austin C. of TCM that he “personally knows the individual” who will be overseeing our move and that this person photographs everything before packing it. When we proceed with our case we will request those photos to show the condition of our belongings before USA Logistics ruined them.
3) Rachel J. of TCM assured us that the moving company would know how to pack glass and valuables. She also said if we were still concerned to take “fragile” stickers on the items. USA Logistics not only ignored the stickers, they items were thrown in the bottom of a box filled with heavy boots, clothing and glass items resting on top and not wrapped at all.
4) When USA Logistics arrived to pack our belongings they called to say that TCM underestimated the amount of boxes needed and because of this we would have to pay an extra $4,000.00 on the spot or they would leave most of our things.
5) We paid $779 for packing materials and many were not provided.
a) 1 mirror box.
b) 2 lamp boxes. USA Logistics put our lamp shades in a box with workout equipment and hangers and they’re now ruined; also, 3 lamp bases are ruined.
c) 16 wardrobe boxes with bars. USA Logistics stuffed our clothing into boxes that were over 5 ft and mixed with shoes, glass valuables (with “fragile” stickers), loose pieces of jewelry, and perfume bottles and there was no hanging bar.
d) 2 TV boxes. USA Logistics failed to secure our TV in boxes and one is ruined. They put it at the bottom of a box with a laptop resting up against it, which scratched the screen. Also, the cord is missing.
6) Movers from USA Logistics were drinking on the job and threw their used beer (Modelo, to be exact) into a box with our valuable possessions. (This during a COVID 19 pandemic.)
7) USA Logistics ruined three designer jackets because instead of hanging them, they stacked them together and jammed them into a box which left imprints on each; one was custom-made.
8) USA Logistics ruined two designer purses by jamming them together into a box which was filled with heavy items placed directly on top of them.
9) USA Logistics ruined an Alice + Olivia dress with the tags still attached because they placed heavy items directly on top and scratched the fabric.
10) USA Logistics placed dirty shoes on top of our clean bedding, clothing, and towels. We’ve had to spend hundreds of dollars to wash our items.
11) We were promised quilted blankets and bubble wrap to protect our furniture. With the exception of a chair and kitchen table, USA Logistics failed to wrap our furniture. Now, most of it is damaged or ruined beyond repair.
12) USA Logistics taped several of our items and expensive furniture together with heavy duty tape causing rips, tears, and paint chips.
13) USA Logistics packed our kitchen silverware (including knives) into the bottom of a box which could have caused serious bodily injury.
14) USA Logistics created a potential health hazard by mixing various cleaning supplies and chemicals and not securing them; baking soda and powdered bleach mixed with liquid cleaning products and covered the contents of the box.
15) USA Logistics covered multiple boxes and items with hot sauce, which leads us to believe this was an intentional act. Aside from boxes, there was hot sauce on a clothing rack, punching bag, and keyboard stand.
16) USA Logistics placed a yellow substance on our shower curtain, which has us wondering if one of the movers didn’t relieve themselves on it.
17) USA Logistics stripped the screws on our floral bench so that we couldn’t put it back together properly. They were stripped so badly it leads us to believe this was done intentionally.
18) About a week and a half ago we spoke with Victoria P. She told us we "turned down insurance" when USA Logistics arrived. That is a COMPLETE LIE.
a) Austin C. told my father and I that TCM pays the full price for any damaged items "unlike those other companies." So we don't need to worry about purchasing 3rd party insurance.
b) They knew that a friend would be at our apt on moving day and everything was to be set up before arrival.
c) No one at USA Logistics asked our friend about insurance. Instead, USA Logistics wrote "void" on the paper. Our friend (who was in constant communication with us), said he was never asked about insurance. It was our friend who made the call letting us know they were demanding an extra $4,000 before they started.
d) She also committed fraud by saying we had the wrong USA Logistics owner regarding the negative info we found.
IF YOU VALUE YOUR POSSESSIONS, DO NOT HIRE THESE CRIMINALS!
Top Country Moving and USA Logistics have an ongoing court case, and soon, they’ll have another!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2021 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/usa-logistics/van-nuys-ca-state-movers-b-1506283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.