Complaint Review: Yelp sales - San Francisco Ca
Yelp sales Jeffery Babiarz Jose Masso They signed me up for advertising program, then tricked me into upgrading service to $930 a month service San Francisco Ca
1. I was called to enter in a trial advertisement contract with Yelp. They offered a fixed rate program for, I thought , 4 months.
2. On September 4, 2020, the trial period was over and an email was sent to me the program ended. after i had paid them $220 a
3. Within a few days later I was contacted by Yelp salesman Jeffery Babiarz, about scheduling a phone conference. We set up a phone conference for Sept 14, 2020, I was not available, so the appointment was canceled.
4. Either that day, or a few days later, Jeffery was able to get me on the phone with the offer of showing me their "web portal". I went on the site he suggested, and at his direction, I went to the pages he told me to go and clicked on the tabs he told me to click on. At no time, did he ever tell me that I was unknowingly, signing back up for the upgraded service that had recently ended. And he never mentioned his directions would triple my advertising commitment.......he straight up conned me
5. I did not notice this "upgrade" on my October bill that was about $850, but I noticed the $930 on my November bill .
6. I called Jeffery on November 17, 2020, when I noticed the issue. He claimed ignorance that he directed me to upgrade myself and quickly connected me to Yelp accounting. I then talked to Jose Masso, and he refused to credit the difference between what I had been paying and the current charge. And he refused to acknowledge that I had been conned by his salesman. After we could not reach an agreement, I cancelled their service and instructed Jose that I would dispute their charges.
7. I have disputed this charge with my credit card company and Yelp has challenged my dispute
8. I contacted Yelp's customer service department and explained how I was ripped off, and they reponded that they will continue to fight my dispute.
9. I noticed 2 other complaints on this site within the last 6 months that report the same scam. If anyone else has experienced this scam, we can file a class action lawsuit.
Feel free to contact me 805-541-2719
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2021 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/yelp-sales/san-francisco-ca-jeffery-jose-1503865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.