Complaint Review: 1&1 Internet - other Pennsylvania

701 Lee Rd, Ste 300
    other, Pennsylvania
    United States

1&1 Internet Charged my card and still won't refund me other Pennsylvania

On January 17th, I got notice of hosting renewal for $95.88. Prior to that, I had only gotten domain renewal for $15.17. The notice for hosting said my card would be charged within 7 days. I did not want to renew the hosting, only the domain. I logged in to my account and removed auto-renewal and also emailed letting them know I only wanted to renew the domain. On January 22nd, my card was charged $111.05. I asked for a refund of $95.88 three separate times. Over a week after being charged, I filed an amount dispute with my bank. 1&1 still did not refund me. I was finally issued a credit invoice on February 16th for $95.88, but did not receive the refund. Then, on February 20th, my card was charged for $15.17 for the domain, citing failure to pay. The charge for $15.17 was refunded (after multiple complaints). I am still waiting for the $95.88 to be refunded. I have received every excuse imaginable, including the "Solutions Manager" telling me on March 2nd that they had trouble processing the refund because I filed a dispute. He told me "that a dispute ceases all interaction between 1&1 and the card on file". If that is true, how did they both charge and refund me the $15.17 after February 16th on the same card? He also told me I would hear back on March 5th. It's now the 8th and still nothing. This has been a 7 week nightmare!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2018 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/11-internet/other-pennsylvania-19087/11-internet-charged-my-card-and-still-wont-refund-me-other-pennsylvania-1433295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content