Complaint Review: aamco transmission/kirk is the owner/ don linden shop manager - Chandler Arizona

• Submitted: Wed, August 29, 2018
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2018
  • Reported By: sherman — Chandler United States
  • aamco transmission/kirk is the owner/ don linden shop manager
    6948 W Chandler Blvd. #7
    Chandler, Arizona
    United States

aamco transmission/kirk is the owner/ don linden shop manager Don Linden (shop manager) I gave them a $2,000 deposit, to rebuild, or replace my transmission which ever was cheapist for my budget, one week three days later no repairs had been started. Chandler Arizona

I went online checked other repair shops to see  if this was normal. Don linden shop manager quoted me a rebuild price of $4,000 to $5,000 to rebuild, I was prepared to pay up to $4,000 for a rebuild or replacement with a used  used transmission, which would be more economical for my fixed income budget. My situation is I am retired an I've been traveling the country I wanted to get back on the road, I'm divorced wife has the house so when in Arizona I stay in a hotel. I explained this to the shop manger when I droped off my vehicle at 8 am on June 21, 2018, I explained to the shop manager, Don Linden I need to get back on the road before the 4th of July, he said no problem we take care of our vetrans.

one wek later my vehicle was still seting in the parking lot. I called other shops they said they could replace my transmission for less money, not a rebuild ,and have me back on the road before the 4th of july.  I talked to 4 different transmission repair shops they all said the same thing, of course they just wanted my business. So I gave  them more time three days later no repairs no even a start to repair, I had my vehicle towed on  July,2 2018. to another shop they repaired my vehicle in 3 days. aamco refused to return my $2,000, I filed a report with the BBB, made 5-6 compliants by phone and online to the coperate office customer service, no response no help in recovering my  money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2018 04:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco-transmissionkirk-is-the-owner-don-linden-shop-manager/chandler-arizona-85226/aamco-transmissionkirk-is-the-owner-don-linden-shop-manager-don-linden-shop-manager-i-1458632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content