Complaint Review: Acai Berry - mytrialsupport.com - Nationwide

• Reported By: Stuart Virginia
  • Acai Berry - mytrialsupport.com
    mytrialsupport.com
    Nationwide

Acai Berry - mytrialsupport.com Cleaned out by Acai Berry Scam Phillipines Phillipines

*Consumer Suggestion: The Truth About Oprah and Acai

Heard about the Acai Berry from a friend who had seen it on Oprah. Went to Oprah's website. Was directed to where I could get a free trial bottle for $5.95 with the option to reorder if the I was satisfied with the product. Was NOT given the option of any 10 trial period. Did NOT see any such sentence when I ordered the free trial. Stupidly gave my debit card number. Dumb, dumb, dumb. After 2 weeks received the product. Noted there was no company name on the envelope or the product bottle.

On Feb. 6, 2009 checked my checking account on-line and discovered a hold of $88.62 had been placed on my account. Called my bank and was provided a number to call. Got some jerk in the Phillipines who said I was out of luck and had agreed to pay them after a certain period of time. NOT TRUE! After being told by my bank that I could get a new debit card I decided to wait and see if they actually took out the money. They hadn't taken out the $88.62 and had stopped the hold. I thought that they had realized I, along with many other Oprah viewers, was going after them and got scared. Then on Feb. 14th, checked my checking account and it was OVERDRAWN by a company called Poweracaionl, for $91.28.

My bank is not going to charge me the fee for being overdrawn, but wants me to give them a written statement so the bank can pursue this for me and others who have been scammed. I'm not stopping. I want justice.

I am so disappointed that Oprah Winfrey is connected to this scam. Once I realized what had happened, when I went back onto her site there was a disclaimer stating she did not endorse any specific Acai Berry product. What the heck??

Cat
Stuart, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acai-berry-mytrialsupportcom/nationwide/acai-berry-mytrialsupportcom-cleaned-out-by-acai-berry-scam-phillipines-phillipines-424727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The Truth About Oprah and Acai

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

The Truth About Oprah and Acai
Consumers should be aware that Oprah Winfrey is not associated with nor does she endorse any acai berry product or online solicitation of such products. Attorneys for Harpo are pursuing any companies that claim such an affiliation.