Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
Report: #1393660

Complaint Review: Alabama DHR Child Support Division - Montgomery Alabama

  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lisa — Waverly-Auburn Alabama USA
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Alabama DHR Child Support Division 50 North Ripley Street Montgomery, Alabama USA

Alabama DHR Child Support Division Department of Human Resources. Division of children and families. In other states it's referred to as CPS , child protective services or DFACS Department of children and family services. Ruined my credit, reputation-ENTIRE LIFE Each county in Alabama has an office of DHR Alabama

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Report about YOU
listed on other sites?
Those sites steal
Ripoff Report's
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Ripoff Report
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

 The state of Alabama DHR's entire system is corrupt but for the purposes of this report I'll stick to strictly financial aka child support division. They obtained a judgement against me without serving me. Also, prior to the judgement I had gone to 7 different DHR workers in 2 different counties when I began receiving a bills and informed them this was incorrect and was told "don't worry about it, or it doesn't matter". It DOES matter. Then I mistakenly went through the DHR child support enforcement division believing they were representing me. That is FALSE, they represent the state. They will bully you into signing away rights that you didn't even know about. They use trickery. They lie. If you request an administrative hearing due to unfair treatment at the state level, they will deny it and CC everyone of your case workers to "rat" you out and make it worse. They are currently taking 65% of my wages, charging me $600 a month plus interest and taken my tax refund. And I have sole physical and legal custody of my 3 kids, for their entire life's minus the 19 month divorce period when we had joint custody(another failure on DHR part) If you have any dealings with DHR, get a lawyer! And If someone tells you you don't need one, that's a lie. If a lawyer says that it's because no lawyer wants to take this case. Or will only take it for astromical amounts $5-10,000. Also, anyone middle class or above will judge you if you say the word DHR. I used to do it myself.

I thought DHR only meant someone abused a kid or was on welfare or lived in govt housing. NOPE. In this state, unless you have the most uncontested sugar sweet divorce on earth, DHR will be involved in your life in some way. They are appointed to Janice child support. In Alabama the parties can't even agree to no child support. Say both you and ex have nice homes and make about the same money and plan to live side by side and live in perfect 50/50 harmony the rest of your child's life, so you don't need /or want a child support order. They will make you. They will appoint at guardian ad lidem, that you will be billed for, in addition to your own council. They will make unnecessary appearances to your home and school and employer. This will cause much embarrassment. Until you experienced it, you can't fathom the amount of pain it causes. Nor will your friends family or coworkers. And, other people will likely become sick of it if it involves them. If your kids are junior high or older age, it will be embarrassing.

Do not believe anything DHR tells you ever. Do not assume they will protect your chikd from harm. If you know for a fact a family member is abusing them and report it, they likely won't do anything but send a letter saying abuse and/or neglect not indicated. That doesn't mean not to report it, you have to have a paper trail, just saying that's not your golden ticket to saving your kids from anything negative. And this isn't just me, I'm not some unusual case or overly sensitive. I have friends and family going through this too. When children are involved DHR gets involved. Even if you think it's all good ans kids live with you, you better get a JUDGE to sign an order. Because even if your ex is awol for 10 years, you been raising your kids on your own just fine. One day DHR is gonna pop up into your life and ask you what proof you have you've had the kids. I brought my oldest who's 13 and they denied him ability to teatafiy. School records that I signed I'm the only one who can pick them up. Medical records. CUSTODY papers yes custody. Even police reports I paid to subpoena proving ex was incarcerated or hospitalized for great lengths of time for many years. Nope. Doesn't matter, 7 yrs of my life and now i finally found an attorney who cares on dhrisnotlaw fb page. Good luck, you're going to need it.

DHR doesn't have to have subpoenas, warrants, give you due process, obey any of your rights, immune from prosecution, subpoenas, and if you actually need their help. I.e. I had trouble proof of adddess due to my life being ruined I live with boyfriend and not on utilities. I asked my worker "can you write letter for school board you know since you've been in my home, snooping thru cabinets etc" No we don't do that. They won't do anything to help you, or your kids in any way. But they'll go to great lengths to ruin your life. Slander your name. Even if they ask vague questions believe me, when your snotty coworker is asked "has there been any "concerns" that you've seen. Anything to indicate anything is going on in their personal life..." first thing that pops into anyone's mind is omg they've done something sinister. No! It's standard procedure and human nature to think if social workers are snooping around you got some skeletons in your closet. I'm guilty of doing it myself in the past.

At all costs keep DHR out of your life. But once they open a file, it never closes. So you better run them ragged. If it's a contested divorce, for everyone who calls on you, call twice on them. Request meetings in writing OFTEN. And record meetings w all caseworkers. They will LIE to you or lie about you, they will put words in your mouth. they will say you were served when weren't and file contempt charges when you don't show up. Ans don't sign ANYTHING without a lawyer . They tricked me into signing away all my kids rights to support away and that's not even illegal. Child support is for the kids not the parent. It's not to pay the light bills or rent like many parents mistakenly think. You are supposed to be self sufficient before you have a kid, you don't get child support to put a roof over your head,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2017 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
Featured Reports

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

Segment Now