X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Allied Waste Services - Elgin Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Bartlett Illinois
  • Allied Waste Services 1330 Gasket Drive Elgin, Illinois U.S.A.

Allied Waste Services Deceptive and Exhorbitant Late Fees, Unresponsive Customer Service, Monopoly for local trash service Elgin Illinois

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Just wanted to make people aware of my frustration with Allied Waste Services, Elgin, Illinois. Perhaps there are others out there with similar complaints?

I have been dealing with Allied Waste Services in an attempt to resolve a billing discrepancy for about a month now to no avail. I have spoken with customer service reps on 3 occasions in the past 4 weeks and have been told each time that a supervisor needs to call me to resolve the matter. Not only has NO ONE EVER returned my phone calls, but I have since received 1 late notice, a very threatening "last attempt to collect a debt prior to lawsuit proceedings" notice, and a green sticker on my trash receptacle stating that I need to call customer service to resolve my "delinquent bill".

This is all for a $5 late fee that was billed to my account back in June, unbeknownst to me until now because I had called Allied Waste Services in May requesting the due dates and amounts of my quarterly billings for the next year, so I could set them up with my electronic billing service.

I explained that I had been having to go back and forth quite a bit to care for my ill father in Florida, and was unable to attend to my "physical" mail in a timely manner. Apparently, when their rep gave me the info in May, she did not know that a $5 late fee would be billed in June, therefore did not inform me of this.

With my busy schedule, and since I did verify that the bills were being paid subsequently through my billpay service, I was quite distraught to find upon opening some mail recently from Allied Waste, which I had been tossing into a "to be filed box" that I now owed them $115 in late fees! The $115 supposedly all stems from the initial $5 late fee in June (none of it is service billing).

Aside from the fact that I believe these are exhorbitant late fees considering my quarterly bills are only $52.08, and the only bill that was paid late was my March bill, which was paid via phone in May, I honestly feel that I am being mistreated as a customer, and am afraid they will sue me and I will be tricked into some ungodly amount of attorney fees, etc.

I do not know what else to do, since no one from Allied Waste Services will call me back, and when I call, they tell me that a supervisor will need to call me back, since she is "busy now". Before that $5 fee turned into $115, 5 months later, I would have expected a phone call at least; but that might have cost them a nickel, much more profitable to keep tacking on the late fees month after month, while the bills are being paid religiously!

I have drafted a letter to Allied Waste Services as well, but will have to mail it or fax it, since I cannot find an email address or website for their office.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. I am not sure who else to complain to, but after reading in the local newspaper publication that Allied Waste Services had been awarded the garbage/recycling contract once again, and that prices would be increasing approximately 30%, I thought people should know how they are treating their customers, Bartlett residents.

Any advice or assistance anyone can provide concerning this matter would be most appreciated. I will update this posting with the resolution of this matter, whatever it ends up to be.

Sincerely,

Trashed by the Trash Company...and there's not even a competitor to switch to!

Lisa
Bartlett, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 05:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allied-waste-services/elgin-illinois-60120/allied-waste-services-deceptive-and-exhorbitant-late-fees-unresponsive-customer-service-227504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair