Complaint Review: AME transmission - Deerfield Beach Florida

• AME transmission
    1809 South Powerline Road
    Deerfield Beach, Florida
    United States

AME transmission Barry I purchased a transmission two years ago that went out four days after being installed. AME sent me another transmission without torque converter, they sent me the torque converter later. Installed the transmission. Deerfield Beach Florida

AME transmission and their thief Barry need to be put behind bars. They rip off their customers and do not do as promised. I purchased a transmission for my Chevy Suburban 2 years ago from Barry who encouraged me to upgrade my purchase with a shift kit, speed kit, and torque converter. My purchase was over 1600 dollars. He took my money out of my bank account and did not give me a receipt. I did not receive a copy of the warranty (5 year 100,000 miles).

I received my transmission and in four days, reverse went out. I contacted AME and spoke with Barry. I paid to have the transmission removed and sent back to them. When they sent the transmission back, they did not send the bell housing back with it or the torque converter. They finally sent the torque converter but not the bell housing. I found a bell housing from my original transmission and paid to have the transmission re installed. Because of this I was put out a total off 1100 dollars. Now, currently with my vehicle, 3rd gear and Overdrive is out on the transmission. It is still under warranty. It has just been a shade over two years and nowhere near 100,000 miles.

Ive sent them an Email and have called leaving messages without any response. I look online and I don't see their website anymore but I do see their company selling transmissions on EBay and on Amazon. The sad thing here is that my 5 kids and wife have no way of getting around now, and I know how Barry and his response time works. Who knows, they're probably not in business anymore and here I am stuck with this broken, over priced piece of junk transmission. Beware buyer beware!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2017 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ame-transmission/deerfield-beach-florida-33442/ame-transmission-barry-i-purchased-a-transmission-two-years-ago-that-went-out-four-days-af-1417901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content