Complaint Review: American Strategic Insurance - St. Petersburg Florida

• American Strategic Insurance
    1 ASI Way
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    United States

American Strategic Insurance ASI, Inc Awful Customer Service, Policy Non-Renewal St. Petersburg Florida

It's amazing that this company can remain in business because of its bad customer service, bad underwriting practices and overall bad insurance service.  Although I never had to make a claim against this homeowners policy, I had trouble with this company right out of the gate.  My homeowner's policy premiums are paid out my mortgage company's escrow account and these jerks threatened to cancel the policy approximately 2-3 weeks after starting it because it felt it wasn't paid quick enough (within 30 days is reasonable and customary practice).  Next, it was extremely anal about the appraisal on my wife's wedding ring.  She had some difficulty getting a new one since the original jeweler was no longer in business, etc.  Lastly, these jerks decided not to renew my policy because of this appraisal and gave me less than 60 days notice.  Needless to say, I was shocked and aggravated.  If you check out this company with the BBB, it currently has 4 positive reviews, 1 neutral review, and 21 negative reviews.

I am submitting this report to save the public from having to deal with these jerks and don't let any insurance agent tell you otherwise because this company won't deal fairly with you when you have a claim, just check the BBB reviews.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2018 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-strategic-insurance/st-petersburg-florida-33702/american-strategic-insurance-asi-inc-awful-customer-service-policy-non-renewal-st-pete-1428508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content