X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ameritrust Financial - Dunedin Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: afton Wyoming
  • Ameritrust Financial 1425 Main St. Suite C Dunedin, Florida U.S.A.

I was contacted on October 25th by a sales person of Ameri trust Financial, he offered me a credit card in the amount of $2000.00....
I specifically asked if it was a credit card that could only be used for purchasing items from their catalog, he told me "No of course not" by the way the salespersons name was Marty McLaughlin. I then made sure that i heard him correct and asked the question once again he again stated it was NOT a merchart card.

So i agreed to the card, they debited $200.00 from my account, about 3 weeks later i received a letter in the mail from them wanting me to sign and send back i read the letter it stated that it was in fact a catalog card, so i called them on November 20th, talked to the "manager" Berry.

I told him that Marty told me it was not a catalog card, Berry told me that I should of asked more questions and not agreed to the card if i wasnt sure and that i was not going to get a refund unless I wrote a letter to the Presidents Council and they would decide.

I have been ripped off by Ameritrust Financial! Once i told Berry that i had recorded our phone call he hung up on me. I also asked him numerous times to let me speak tot he manager he refused!

Megan
afton, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2006 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ameritrust-financial/dunedin-florida-34698/ameritrust-financial-scam-misrepresented-dunedin-florida-221473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
11Consumer
0Employee/Owner

POSTED: Friday, December 29, 2006
I too filed a complaint with the better business beuaru. no luck so far.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Try other resources

AUTHOR: Bejamin - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, December 28, 2006
I have called Ameritrust numerous times during their bussiness hours and only a recorder picks up. I have also left my name and number and to this day, I have not received a returned call from them. Contact the FTC (federal trade commission at www.ftc.gov) on line or by phone and place your concerns with them if more complaints are recorded then we can have a greater chance of an investigation to be open by the FTC . I have contacted the BBB but no luck as of yet, since this company is not a member. Good luck!!!

POSTED: Thursday, December 21, 2006
ok never heard back from anyone and it is now December 21.
This is ridicuous if you are going to tell me to call and leave a message i expect to hear back from someone!

POSTED: Thursday, December 14, 2006
ok, called today December 14th at 11 a.m. waiting on someone to return my call, its now 2:45 p.m.

POSTED: Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Yes, you can contact ext. 0009. Call the customer service number @866-529-7037 between 10-6p.m. If you have to leave a voice mail please do with your correct phone number the we contacted you on so we can look up all your information and figure out what to do to help you.

POSTED: Wednesday, December 13, 2006

POSTED: Monday, December 11, 2006
Ok i will call but I want to know the name of someone that is going to be willing to help me i have called twice before and had no luck and had to deal with rude people.

POSTED: Sunday, December 10, 2006
You are absolutely right,, we did give the incorrect number. It is a toll free number and we do apologize for that.

The correct number is 866-529-7037. Once again please feel free to call us and see if we can get this matter resolved for you.

Ameritrust Customer Service

Number doesn't come up on google either

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, December 05, 2006
One would think that a reputable company would have no problem having their phone number listed. After all, with all the satisfied customers, I don't see how they could not want more to find them.

POSTED: Tuesday, December 05, 2006
First of all the number that Ameritrust just put on their comment is disconnected!!!!

it might of stated in the recording that it was a merchant catalog card but... after i REPEATDLY asked Mr. McLaughlin if it was he insisted "No of course not" i asked 3 times at least. So when i was told that i didnt think that the recording was going to say it was. Either way Ameritrust is a complete scam and i wont stop telling everyone and filing complaints against ameritrust until i get my 200 dollars back!

POSTED: Tuesday, December 05, 2006
We would really like to resolve this issue with this customer. In order to do that we would need both first and last name to look up the information on them, or the 7 digit ID #.

When a customer signs up for our card they have to go through a recorded verification process where it is explained to them that this is Ameritrust Financial Merchant Catalog Finance Account. In the verification it is also ask if they understand the terms and conditions at least 3 seperate times. They also have to set up a date that they will pay the $200 deposit. The customer decides which day they can pay that.

The $200 deposit is returned back to them in the form of $50 payment vouchers. The whole key to this program is to help the customer rebuild their credit score. As long as they make on time payments we will report that to the credit agencies to increase their rating.

It does not really matter if the customer records the conversation as it is already recorded on our end as well. At this point we are not sure exactly what happened without having all the information available to us.

We do want to clear this up. If they would please call us @727-529-7037. We will be glad to take care of this matter and resolve any issues.

Sincerely,