Complaint Review: Amy Williams

• Reported By: D. James — California United States
  • Amy Williams

Malibu, California
    United States

Amy Williams Alison Amy Williams Amy Morrison Williams Alison Amy Amy Morrison-Williams Amy Williams uses fake credits on IMDB to scam film productions and fraud financiers. Malibu California

*Consumer Comment: Laice Rebuttal

Beware of Amy Williams - at times, going by Amy Morrison Williams. Everyone say she is a con-artist who disguises as a film producer, then steals people's money, scams, and sabotages projects. The word is that she goes around town claiming to be a big producer with credits in films such as Mothers and Daughters - This is a LIE.

People say that she is not a real producer of Mothers and Daughters despite the credits that she flashes around town. They say that the true story is that she approached that production, promising to attract financing for the movie, but brought nothing but debts and headaches. Everybody talks about how she tried to sabotage the director, Paul Duddridge, and steal his credit. They also mentioned she is mentally unstable and tried to stir commotion among the other producers, also attempting to manipulate them in a bid to take over the director's credit. [continued below]....

..... When the producers took her out of  Mothers and Daughters, they said Amy threatened to hit back with a lawsuit, forcing the production to maintain her IMDB credit, even though she never really produced anything.

She also credits herself as a director of the short Respire, which in reality the real directors are the writers Laice and Dina. Two young filmmakers who were innocently conned by Amy Williams.
After a quick research, it was revealed that most of her IMDB credits are fake, or she attained this by conning beginner filmmakers. She's not a real producer, and never even directed anything; she uses basic knowledge of the film industry to scam financiers, convince good people to put money on a movie that doesn't exist, lure filmmakers and steal their projects.

In reality, people say she's a woman with serious drug problems who needs medical assistance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2017 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amy-williams/malibu-california/amy-williams-alison-amy-williamsamy-morrison-williamsalison-amyamy-morrison-williams-a-1412331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Laice Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Laice - (United States)

RIP OFF REPORT REBUTTAL

This post was clearly written by someone who is very upset and hurt. Writing out of anger and using false information to “get their point across”. I would love to clear up a few things here…

I am Laice the co-writer of Respire, who was just described as a young filmmaker who was innocently conned by Amy. Not true, but we will get to that.

Wow, where to start…

First of all, Amy is a wonderful, loving woman with a heart that matches her work ethic. I have never met a harder working woman with more love in her soul. She would risk her life for a complete stranger if it was the right thing. Now, for the rest…

1.) Mothers and Daughters

I met Amy while she was PRODUCING Mothers and Daughters, and even assisted her on set for a few days. I visited with the investors who all told me how much they love Amy and are good friends of hers, so they put money into the project. I assisted her by picking up crafty, wardrobe items, etc. to bring to set. On set I met the wardrobe team, and all of the production team who also mentioned they were brought on the project by Amy. Two of my personal best friends were cast in the movie BY AMY, and while visiting with them and the other cast, many of the name talent discussed how much they adored the producer. I was even an extra on set one day along with a whole team of extras that were rounded up BY AMY for background in a scene.

I highly suggest that whoever wrote this post do a little research on what a producer is. You will see that bringing the money, crew, cast, wardrobe, etc. does not mean you are merely “pretending” to be a producer. And surely doesn’t make you a con-artist.

2.) This one is personal folks. Yes, I wrote, produced, and star in the film Respire. After seeing Amy’s hard work on Mothers and Daughters I asked if she would help out with Respire- a film that deals with sexual assault and date rape drugs. She kindly jumped on board after reading the script, as the issue at hand was something she is passionate about. She helped my partner Dina and I by consulting us on how to fill out all of the paperwork, find locations, cast, etc. throughout pre-production, and she even helped us set up a kickstarter. Many of her friends and family gave money to our project, and she acted as a producer initially. About a week before we went into production, our director backed out, and Amy stepped up and offered to direct the film FREE OF CHARGE.

She is credited both on IMDB, and the credits of my film as Director and Executive Producer not because she conned me, but because she is a kind, hardworking person who I am honored to have be a part of my project. We couldn’t have done it without her!

Even after filming, she put thousands of dollars into our film (remember she didn’t get paid) to pay our editor, for festival submissions, and our screening premiere ALL OUT OF HER OWN POCKET. And to be clear- I ASKED HER to be a part of it initially. No "conning" involved.

I am currently prepping for the California Women in Film Festival this evening where Amy was nominated for BEST DIRECTOR of our film Respire.

3.) Re: Never directed anything...

Well, as I just mentioned, she directed my film. She also directed her documentary The Morrison Project which won at The Hamptons International Film Festival. Recently, she completed another short that is in rounds for next years festival circuit.

4.) All of her IMDB credits are valid. Since Respire, she completed a multi-million dollar film that is attached to 4 unions! You cannot lie about something like that. They vet projects. Both the unions and IMDB vet projects

5.) This year we are going into production on another project that I am involved with, and I am happy and proud to announce that Amy will be producing it.

Finally... whoever wrote the initial post: You know the truth. How dare you sabotage a good person to try and get ahead. Shows who the bad guy is- sharing her personal information. Sho a little soul and delete this post, or at least her personal information.

Amy just celebrated 24 years of sobriety which she and all of her loved ones are extremely proud of.

I think I have made my point clear.