X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I tried AOL at least two or three years ago. I, like many others, tried the service, declined to use it, and was still billed for several months before I realized what was going on. I'm not going to go into that matter because it was so long ago and let's just say I would rather forget it.

Like a fool, I recently tried AOL again. Their advertising convinced me that maybe things have changed over at good 'ol AOL. This month, with no warning, and for no reason I can tell, I was charged for two months worth of billing. They just sneakedly put their little hands on my Mastercard and helped themselves to two months worth of billing. I know what you're thinking, and no, I don't owe them for two month's worth of service. How could I? They would shut me down if I didn't pay.

Bottom line. They took the money without telling me, or providing any explanation. I refuse to call them on the phone like I did before and argue with an hourly employee that could give a rats butt about my problem.

I will contact Mastercard, inform them of the charge and cancel my card out immediately.

Thanks again AOL. Nice job!

David
Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2002 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol/aol-negligent-arrogant-and-extremely-incompetent-tempe-az-23884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair