X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Archer Plumbing - Old Bridge New Jersey

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: East Brunswick New Jersey
  • Archer Plumbing 36 Old Matawan Rd. Old Bridge, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone: 732-254-1655
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Archer Plumbing Several Hundred Dollars for a $6 part & a catch 22 to boot! Old Bridge New Jersey

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
My Wife turned on the dishwasher & it began raining in the basement. I pulled the machine out of the cabinet & saw water spraying from the supply line. Was 8pm on a work night, so knowing it would have a cost, I called for emergency svc. I was told on the phone it would be a $99 fee for the call, plus parts & labor.

Guy showed up, quickly I might add. I showed him the spraying line, and he said he'd write up a quote. He comes back in and tells me that the quote is $99 svc. fee, + parts & labor for $342 to replace the existing copper supply line (about 2' length) with a 2' flex hose ($6 at home depot!). I told the guy he was nuts, and he then informed me that if they do not do the work, the service call fee is $200, not $99, and that their minimum labor charge is $200 on top of the $99 for emergency calls.

So, you are screwed if you do & screwed if you don't. I angrily told the guy it was ridiculous, but that since I had no true choice, to go ahead. After he took the old copper line out, I grabbed it. It wasn't cracked or broken. I asked him what was wrong with it. The tech replies that it was just loose, and that my problem is that the dishwasher pump is bad & I need a new dishwasher. Apparently the washer was leaking from the pump, but when I pulled it out of the cabinet the fitting on the copper supply line loosened. He goes on to say that he replaced the line, since that's what I showed him was the problem, & that the full fee of $342 for the 7 minutes it took him, stands.

My wife went to work & told the story. Turns out that out of a table of 5 people, two others had had similar experiences with this outfit. Insult to injury....their slogan is "Archer Shoots Straight" Should be "Archer Shoots Straight for your Wallet!"

Bob
East Brunswick, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/archer-plumbing/old-bridge-new-jersey-08857/archer-plumbing-several-hundred-dollars-for-a-6-part-a-catch-22-to-boot-old-bridge-new-411099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair