Report: #255579

Complaint Review: Arizona Parole Office - Angela Wilson - Ronald Lee Engstrom

  • Submitted: Tue, June 19, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012
  • Reported By: phoenix Arizona
  • Arizona Parole Office - Angela Wilson - Ronald Lee Engstrom
    4600 S Park Ave Tucson Az
    Tucson, Arizona

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..
Ronald Lee Engstrom was released from the Arizona Department of Corrections in April 2007. Ronald owes over $30,000.00 in UNPAID CHILD SUPPORT for his ten year old developmentally disabled son. Ron was only in prison for about 2 years and has paid less than $700.00 in child support since his divorce in 2001.

Since his release his parole officer, Angela Wilson of the Tucson Parole Office, who has allowed Ron to maintain a job that pays cash under the table for construction work, stated to Ron's exwife that it was her job to make sure that Ron obeys the law and it is NOT her job to make sure he pays his child support.

Isn't disobeying a court order breaking the law???
Is it true that not paying child support when ordered IS a violation of a court order????

Should a Parole Officer allow a Parolee to violate a court order???

phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2007 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: Kathy - (United States of America)

Finally, we have a contempt of court hearing Oct 31, 2012.
Since 2007, Ronald Engstrom moved to Iowa is now married to Amanda Engstrom and they have a 2yr old child.
Ronald has not paid a dime in child support since his prison release and not more than that before he went to prison. Since getting off parole and moving to Iowa, he has managed to buy 130,000.00 house in North Liberty Iowa, cars, trucks, boats etc but not a dime to support his kid, not even a birthday or Christmas gift.
Az Child Support Enforcement is a joke and the entire dept should be fired, in over 15 yrs of dealing with them the only response I have ever gotten is DCSE does not do that! Great to see how our tax $ are spent here in Az. They wont even mail a certified copy of the arrears for my court date, I have to take off work and go down there, and pay them..
Respond to this report!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Child Support Enforcement

AUTHOR: Calamityjen - (U.S.A.)

Child Support Enforcement in the State of Arizona is essentially a worthless paper-pushing entity, the only way they collect any money, is when the state is owed money. Have you ever filed for A.F.D.C? If not, you should, because that will light a fire under the state. If the state is having to support his child, they will initiate proceedings against him to collect the money they are out. Otherwise, beating your head against the wall will get as much accomplished.

If your child is disabled, he should receive some benifits from Social Security, you might check with them to see if they are counting the deadbeats income against your child, and if they are, make sure you fix that.

You could also file a petition to have his parental rights terminated, that might get his butt into court to answer the petition, and then he would have to answer a judge about why he hasnt paid support, unless he didnt want to keep his rights, and then you could just drop the petition and keep him on the hook.

I knew the state was worthless for enforcing child support orders, so I went to court to have my case removed from the States control. My ex and I communicate much better than the State ever did, and hes never late, unlike the State, and he never charges me a fee to pay me, unlike the State. I saw the writing on the wall when they wanted him to start sending money orders to a P.O. box in Phoenix, before I ever heard a word from them or had any kind of account set up, enough of my money goes to support illegals as it is, sending money to a P.O. box in Phoenix is a joke, especially since mail disappears down there all the time.
Respond to this report!

#3 Author of original report


AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

UPDATE, Since June 2007 Ron still has paid no child support of any kind, the Az Parole Department has been of no assistance, actually they have helped him disobey the order, Gov. Janet Napalatano only helped by stating that Child Support Enforcement should be helping collect the debt.
Child Support enforcement has done nothing despite the fact that they are given updated info every week
Respond to this report!

#4 Consumer Comment

$500 a month?

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

A parole officer is only responsible for enuring he comlies with the terms of his release.Was child support part of his release terms?

So let me ask you a couple questions about this...

1. His order is $400 a month? What type of work did he do when you divorced?

2. Did his payments stop for the time he was in jail? How was he supposed to pay that for those two years?
Respond to this report!

#5 Consumer Comment

I think I know why.

AUTHOR: Jodi - (U.S.A.)

A judge assigned him a probation officer after being released from his criminal offense. A separate judge ruled in you 'child support' case. So they are two separate cases. His probation officer would have no legal standing to interfere with another separate judges' orders. In fact it would be illegal. Yes, I agree, not paying his child support is illegal, but when there is already a court order the parole officer can't do anything. You can however contact the person that handled your child support case, and I would hope they would plead for the judge to order an arrest warrant for contempt of court. THEN, you can contact his probation officer and let her know that Mr. Engstrom has landed himself in jail. That would then be a violation of his probation. I know that probably doesn't make you feel better, and it stinks! I hope you get your money, and I wish you luck!
Respond to this report!

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Notify the courts that he has a job and is not paying support

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Notify the court if he really is working and not paying support.

Violating a court order is called "contempt" and if the court chooses, the court may charge him with "contempt of court."

I don't think this falls into the realm of the probation officer, but that's easy to say because I haven't read his parole conditions - and you probably haven't either.

Here's something to ponder: if he goes back to jail, he won't be working, thus he won't be paying any child support (as he's not now) but at least if he's working there's a chance of him paying.

Seems to me that someone needs to let the courts know that he's working and not paying the support - that should get the ball rolling so that he starts paying something.

Good Luck.
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.