X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Julie — LaFayette United States
  • Assurant and Amazon Internet United States

Assurant and Amazon Amazon sells warranty plans from Assurant on ineligible items

*Consumer Comment: Amazon's fault not Assurant

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Almost 3 years ago I bought my washer and dryer on Amazon as a bundle.  Amazon offered a 3 year extended warranty kitchen appliance plan and I purchased it as well as it was a large investment.  Yesterday my dryer broke and I was so happy to remember the warranty I purchased had one more month before it expired!  How lucky right. However when I contacted Assurant today to get it repaired, the agent told me my purchase wasn't eligible as I purchased the products as a bundle.

She kindly said it is only eligible on single item purchases.  Why did Amazon let me purchase a warranty on a bundle that wasn't even eligible?!  If my dryer had not failed today, I would never have called Assurant to file a claim.  They would have essentially scammed me out of money for a warranty that doesn't protect what I purchased.  Can you imagine the scale of this scam and how much money Assurant scams customers of their money on a daily basis?!

Amazon and Assurant should be ashamed and they should have practices in place that this type of purchase could not be made.  Assurant has said they are going to fully refund my warranty, but I am simply floored by the fact that they would not honor the warranty they sold me based on the basic principles of honesty and ethics.  I am going to make sure I share this experience on any and every website so others won't be scammed and hopefully Amazon and Assurant will take precautions to prevent this from happening to others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2018 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/assurant-and-amazon/internet/assurant-and-amazon-amazon-sells-warranty-plans-from-assurant-on-ineligible-items-1455944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Amazon's fault not Assurant

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States)

POSTED: Friday, August 10, 2018

This was likely Amazon's fault more than Assurant, since Amazon determines what these add-on warranties get listed under.

Tell amazon support you want the extended warranty honored and will sue in small claims if not.

Amazon has a presence now in most states, so suing them in small claims ought to be doable.

What would bolster your claim is if currently they still show this or another such plan under current washer/dryer bundles.

If so, save screenshots to show they're still doing it.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair