X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Whatever you do you do, DO NOT buy a vehicle from Auto show Case. I purchased a 2013 Jeep wrangler in February. What I thought was a great deal turned out to be a total nightmare. First off there service department did not know what they were doing when they went to install the automatic starter on, which was part of the deal and ended up frying the computer module in the jeep and they had to take it to a jeep dealer to be fixed. The whole 8 hours they had me there waiting at the dealer they told me on several occasions that they did not know what they were doing. Everything got fixed and I was back to loving my jeep that is till the first nice day we had here in Maryland.

Monday April 6 when the temperatures were in the 70s. I was unsuccessful in taking the top off the jeep myself, so I decided to go to a local Jeep dealer here in Harford County, and see if they could show me how. After my first experience with the service department at Auto showcase, I was not letting them touch my jeep again. I was told by the service department that I should be able to just unclip and push it back, I explained that I do not have clips that there are bolts that I have to unscrew them. He then came out to the wrangler to look at it and show me how to use my Jeep for what it is used for and the number one reason I bought the jeep and that is to be able take the top off. He proceeded to tell me that this is not the correct top that should be on the jeep and had to go get another sales rep to come out and see if he knew how to take the top off. It took 2 men over 30 mins to get the top a 1/4 off. They advised me to go to the dealership I bought the jeep from, I went to see Mike the sales Manager at Auto Showcase and talk to him and I was not happy with his response. He basically made me feel as if its not his problem. Once I left the dealership, I went to another local Jeep dealer and they told me the same thing that the pervious dealer did "Yes it fits but no it is not the correct top." It should not be so difficult for me to take the top off my jeep, I should be able to do it by myself and that is not the case. I have sent emails made phone calls and have gotten no response for a week from the sales manager at Joppa. I took it to Auto Showcase of Fallston/Bel Air to speak with the another manager since I was getting no where with the Joppa manager. Bel Air had a salesman come out look at the jeep and he had looked at it and agreed that it is not right and that he would not be able to get it off and if he couldn’t he knew I would not be able to get it off.

At this point I have had emails out to managers and the owner. Once I got a response I was told by the owner Dave Landsman that it is not his problem, “I should have inspected the jeep and took the top off before I bought it.” For a dealership to sell cars they should know what they are selling, they should know that you cannot remove the top in such cold weather without causing damage to the fabric and taking the chance of not getting the top back on (per owners manual.) I could not take the top off when I bought the jeep for the weather was too cold and it is recommended that you do not remove the top in such cold temperatures, It was below freezing that night. I was lied to by the sale manager, he told me it would be an easy process to take the top off. In order for me to have a top that is correct and easy for me to take off I had to spend 2 thousand dollars for a new top, so I can enjoy my jeep the way it is intended to be enjoyed. The dealership has made no efforts in trying to make this manner right. They have also had there general manger hang up the phone on me. They treat there customers with such disgrace. They are Scum, and just look for to take your good hard money. Once they have your money they do not care, what kind of crap they are selling you. Stay away and learn from my costly mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2015 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/auto-showcase/joppa-maryland-21085/auto-showcase-liars-scam-artisit-joppa-maryland-1223618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair