X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Autoway Nissan - Clearwater Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Pinellas Park Florida
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Autoway Nissan 13600 Icot Boulevard Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

On 3/1/04 (per the paperwork) my husband and I went to Autoway Nissan and purchased a car for our Daughter as she now has 2 kids and the chevy cavalier was extrememly too small.

We had to have payments under 300.00 but settled at 377.00 and a 12% interest rate with a warranty and GAP. Almost a month passes and we get no paperwork in the mail. My insurance company needs the lein holder information to cover the car.

I have my daughter contact them and they tell her the lein holder is on the paperwork. She and I both look and it is not. So she calls them back.

Finally we get a call that my husband has to come sign new papers as the first contract was rejected. On 4/6 (per the second set of paperwork) he goes and signs new papers not realizing it is at 18% (all they told him when he walked in from work was that they got a better deal and it is a dollar or 2 cheaper per month because they extended it for 60 months).

So Lee signs this contract and the 1st payment is due on the 22nd.

We wait and 2 weeks or so go by and we call the company for payment information so our daughter can mail it off. They have no record of my husband (they put in SS number, her name, my name etc...) She calls Autoway and they tell her the payments will be 500.00+ dollars the company wouldnt accept the contract.

SO we all go back in, they sold our trade in they say at a loss and they want us to pay them $2500.00. After hours of fighting with them we hand them back their keys to the Durango and we just leave.

To solve the problem of the car we give our daughter my car and decide to worry about a car for me later as we were going on vacation the following week.

A few days go by and we get a letter from the warranty company saying due to the miles they will not warranty it either. Today 4/21 they call my husband's job and his parents (not calling the house where we live) we are on vacation this week - so his mother calls and gives him the message (are they allowed to call a place of business without permission? or anyone they choose?)

Cleveland (salesman) tells him they have gotten the deal pulled together and they are going to force us to purchase this vehicle. We go down to see this supposed contract we signed and it is the initial contract that was signed on 3/1/04 and rejected by the lender. I tell them the second contract would have voided that one and they were rejected on that one. They said they got that deal but they were just trying to get us a better rate and the car is already paid for by the bank and they will leave it there for 72 hours then have it towed at our expense.

Then I told them we would talk to a lawyer. He said we are the biggest chain in Florida and we have lawyers that are on staff just to handle this kind of thing. They do everyday so we will take it all the way to the end.

Tonight I have contact an Attorney, the BBB, all the Autoway dealerships I could drag up on surfing and a contracts friend of mine. Does anyone have any other ideas

Wendy
Pinellas Park, Florida

STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Nissan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2004 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/autoway-nissan/clearwater-florida-33760/autoway-nissan-ripoff-clearwater-florida-88490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
8Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#8 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Sunday, April 25, 2004

Hey Wendy sounds like this car dealer has taken a shot gun to your credit report. Trust me, car dealers love to get car buyers to sign a contract with it not having the name of a bank/auto lender's name printed on it.

After you sign the contact and agree to all numbers at a high interest rate, then the dealer will take a "Shot Gun" to your credit and send the contract/car deal to as many banks as they can find looking for the"LOWEST INTEREST RATE" they can find. Then they scoop the difference.

Say you contract at 18% and dealer gets you bought at 12%. Car dealer scoops the difference. meaning the bank sends the car dealer a check for the difference between the 18% and the 12%.

In short, you get Ripped Off. Thats why many car dealers do not want you to get your own financing. Trust me in most states, it is illegal for a car dealer to sell your trade before they get you a loan on the car that you bought.

Many times the General sales manager will tell the F&I man to lie to you and tell you that your trade in was already sold just so the car dealer and still have control of your thinking. It's all about them wanting CONTROL of YOU and your MONEY!

If I were you, I would make up a sign that said all of your feelings about this car dealer and stick it on both sides of your car so all in your town can read it. Make sure they all get to read your Rip OFF Report. Get a copy of the Editor's Rip Off Revenge guide. Trust me it has some great ideas in it on how to expose Rat Bastards!

Car dealers that do have Rip Off Reports hate it. They all know that Rip Off Reports are NEVER DELETED! I also would get a copy of your credit report and check just how many inquiries this dealer smacked your credit report with.

By the way don't ever think that a car maker cares as to what poor treatment you get when buying a car.

Most car makers do not want to hear from you as a consumer. Try going to Nissan's web site and try to find any email addresses so you can tell Nissan how you were treated.I feel that the car makers do NOT want to hear from you as a consumer.

I am also willing to bet big money that you will never see a C.S.I Survey from Nissan eather. Call up Nissan and tell them that you think or feel that this dealer is "Diverting their C.S.I. surveys on Heat deals.

By the way, never think that the media will come in on this and help you. Guess where they get most of their $$$$ from, Car dealers. You might say advertising money could be in other words a "Pay off" to the media to keep their mouth shut on auto scams and rip off's Trust me on that one.

I brought a very hot story to a local TV station here in Phoenix about what some dirty car dealers were doing. Their "On Your Side" Reporter thought it was a VERY HOT story that needed to be aired to protect new car buyer's.

I knew that their advertising department will kill the story. So during the whole time I was working with this reporter, I secretly recorded all of our conversations so I could prove that we had a hot story that they had no balls to air.

Never think that your local TV station, Newspaper or talk radio station will air or print any dirt on car dealers. Car dealers hate the internet because they can't delete anything you post. They love the BBB because they, The BBB prevents would be consumers from ever reading the complaints that they have about any businesses that the BBB calls "Members"

Think about it for a second, Where does the BBB get their money from? Not you the consumer! If the the BBB exposes the business they will no longer have that business as a member. Just like the Editor hear at Badbusinessbureau.com says, "The Fox guarding the hen house! What good is that? The Hen still dies!

Use this below info to help get the word out about how you feel about this car dealer.

The Capitol, PL 01, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

Go to the FTC web site and you can file a online complaint about who ripped you off. Use their form to submit a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. make sure that you have all of the contact info about the company that Ripped you off before you file your complaint with the FTC.

The Federal Trade Commission is on your side and it costs you nothing.

Make sure that Larry Peters gets to read your Rip Off Report. Not that he will do anything, but it would be nice that he knows how a Nissan car dealer is being exposed!

('Florida Independent Automobile Dealers Association','4162 Edgewater Drive','Orlando, FL','FL','32804-2296','(407) 291-8447 Toll Free: (800) 237-0448 FAX: (407) 298-7120','larry@fiada.com','Larry Peters, Executive Vice President','www.fiada.com',7);

Contact your sate DMV and tell them your troubles.

Make sure that your car dealer gets a copy of your Rip Off Report. They need to know that they are now being exposed and they can't stop it.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Thursday, April 22, 2004

Wendy, this shyster dealership is trying to pull a quick one with cheap intimidation. How can the car be paid for if you haven't signed any contracts??? It isn't. Call the dealer and ask for the name of the bank that 'paid off' the car. Call the bank and ask to speak to the loan manager. Explain what the dealership has pulled. You'll get quick results. The dealership is looking at a FEDERAL fraud charge.

I suspect the bank never paid off anything and the dealer is trying a scare ploy. If the dealer refuses to tell you which bank accepted the financing you'll now for sure.

The car hasn't been titled yet so you really have no worries. The dealership still holds title to it and is responsible for it. As for your trade I'm not sure what the state laws are in Florida are regarding compensation in this situation. If they sold the trade at a loss it is THEIR loss, not yours.

Also, contact the TV stations around the Tampa/St. Pete area. I know there's a few investigative reporters that would love to work this story. The TV stations have lawyers on staff too who will review your contract paperwork in preparation for their story. I'm sure they'll get a real kick out of it.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#1 Consumer Suggestion

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair