Complaint Review: Avila Skin -

• Reported By: Jimmy — United States
  • Avila Skin

United States

Avila Skin Ripped me off Internet

My 71yr old father, who is on a fixed income received an inviting email for a survey RE: his satisfaction with Amazon. He took the survey, then prompted to to choose from 6 different items to receive for shipping cost only for completing the survey. My dad chose the Avila Skin care product for which he paid $5.99 for shipping. At NO point During this online encounter did i read or see any small/fine print regarding a "catch." He paid the $5.99 shipping & within a few days received the product (invoice is dated 5/27/18). Then approx 1 week later we received an overdraft notice from dad's bank stating his Acct was over drawn. Again, At no point did he agree to any type of auto-shipment this product. I immediately contacted my father's bank who then informed me he had two transactions that we couldn't account for one of $98.41, the other of $97.41. Both approx 10days apart. I contacted the # on the invoice from Avila 1-866-921-7393 on multiple occasions, speaking to different people requesting an address to return the item & a refund. The person on the phone read off some verbatim rebuttal I'm sure that pinned on their cubicle and advised me the Acct would be cancelled with no further charges. They refused to issue a refund stating refunds are against their "policy." I requested a copy of this policy be emailed or mailed to me at which time i was informed that also is against their "policy." I am currently trying to figure out if both charges are from the same place. I have cancelled dad's debit card & he now has a new one. The following are charges on my Acct: 1) bank statement dated 6/12/18 Amt of $97.41 says "RNDYRCK*AGELESSA...." & a phone # 866-8315....(the print out from the bank cut off the remainder of this box) 2) bank statement dated 6/22/18 Amt of $98.41 "POS - RIVRRUN*TRYANILI...." & a phone # 866-437-0391. I am very upset. These transactions caused my father's bank account to be overdrawn significant. He is already on a fixed income & suffers from medical problems. Its disgusting to think there are people/businesses out there who prey on naive people like my father. Since this we have opened a fraud case on these charges & a long discussion of what links & emails NOT to respond to. I Reminded him what he used to tell me "if it's too good to be true, then it usually isn't true."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2018 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avila-skin/-/avila-skin-ripped-me-off-internet-1451290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content