Complaint Review: Barrington University - Norcross Georgia

• Reported By: Bradenton Florida
  • Barrington University
    500 Pinncale Court Ste 510
    Norcross, Georgia

Using information I had gathered from the brochure sent to me by Barrington University, I enrolled to complete my Bachelor's degree. I have since found out that the information they provided was a fabrication. Any degree I would get from them would be worthless!

They are owned by a company named Virtual Academics that prey on unsuspecting consumers by misrepresenting their accreditation.

Amazingly, the organization they state they are accredited by is one of their own creation!

I have requested my money back from this company on numerous occasions, without success. I have now received an email indicating that they expect 100% of the tuition paid! I have copies of all of the emails, please help me in this case. I need the $1,500.00 I have paid them back in order to help me start my degree at a different, truly accredited, college.

Barrington University has wasted years of my time, eroded my faith, and taken my money.

Michelle
Bradenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2005 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/barrington-university/norcross-georgia-30071/barrington-university-is-a-diploma-mill-they-are-dishonest-and-misleading-about-their-bus-145038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Barrington has a purpose and is not a diploma mill

AUTHOR: Gregory - (U.S.A.)

I enrolled and completed the Bachelors of Business Administration degree program at Barrington. It took me about a year to complete. There is a complete curriculum, homework and test program for each subject studied.

I chose Barrinton because it was affordable and I needed a degree to progress in my carreer. They are a licensed institution, they never represented themselves to be accredited.

I received a legitimate education from Barrington. I worked for the State of California, they accepted Barrington and paid a portion of my tuition. I got a federal student loan for the rest of the tuition.

Now I have a great 6 figure position that I couldn't of achieved without my degree. Definately not a "diploma mill".

Greg McDaniel
San Diego California

Barrington University Rebuttal is Confusing.

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

The rebuttal that was published to my original complaint regarding Barrington University is very confusing.

I enrolled at Barrington in 2001, and at that time the brochure I was sent indicated accreditation.

I feel that their business practices are definitely misleading. For instance, in reference to the authors claim that they have been sold to a different company, the "University" never made that information known.

I feel that I am owed all of the money I paid to the company so that I may pursue a degree with a different college.

How Long Were You Enrolled? According to the South Florida Business Journal, the company was making dubious claims about accredition..

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

Michelle,

You state that Barrington has "wasted years of [your] time". How far along were you in your studies when you discovered that Barrington was not accredited by a legitimate organization?

According to the South Florida Business Journal, the company was making dubious claims about accredition, but that was way back in 2000. Barrington's current Website does not make any claims that the university is accredited.

By the way, Barrington is no longer owned by Virtual Academics. Virtual Acadmics (aka Cenuco, Inc) sold Barrington privately last year to Rarefied, LLC, a Georgia limited liability company.