Complaint Review: BitQuick.co - Internet

• Reported By: Former Fed — Pennsylvania USA
  • BitQuick.co

Internet
    USA

BitQuick.co SCAM & RIPOFF I trusted BitQuick.co with my Bitcoin, and now they won't give it back Cincinnati Ohio

*Author of original report: Update

I must admit, they really had me fooled.

There seem to be good reviews and good trust marks for BitQuick.co.  And when they reply to your emails, they act like the nicest people in the world.

So today I tried to use them for the first time.  And I've been scammed.

I sent in around .65 BTC to sell at a static price, the full amount only, and according to the status page a buyer hold was placed around 1 PM EST.

Then around 5 PM EST, just a little while ago, I contacted the email address to request cancellation.  I even asked them this in my email:

[quote]"Does this happen often with a static price offer?  Do people just put a hold hoping to arbitrage a daily increase hoping to profit that way?  Would it have been more likely to be paid had it been a dynamic price offer?"
[/quote]

So I received a nice polite reply back:

[quote]"I am very sorry about the notification issue! There are currently no holds against your order, you should be able to cancel it now via your modification page. Regarding your other question, most orders are most successful when priced within 5% of the current market rate.

If you have any additional questions, we'd be happy to help!"[/quote]

So when I went to do the cancel myself using the online form, I discovered lo and behold the original buyer hold from earlier in the day was gone, but there was a new hold placed at 5:10 PM EST, i.e. right after I sent them an email to request the cancellation, only this new hold was just for a tiny fraction of the total, which was not even allowed by my sell order.

So when I went to process the cancel, sure enough it won't go through:

[quote]"There are buy orders pending against your order. Please wait until all of them have been processed before canceling your order. If you would not like to continue selling, we recommend increasing your sale price."[/quote]

Well obviously they removed the original hold and put this new partial hold on, and now I can't withdraw my Bitcoin.  This is just incredible that they would do this kind of thing.

P.S.  UPDATE:  Found a second and a third new hold after that as well.  No reply to all my emails after this has all occurred and it's still going on now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2017 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bitquickco/internet/bitquickco-scam-ripoff-i-trusted-bitquickco-with-my-bitcoin-and-now-they-wont-give-1379578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update

AUTHOR: - ()

Well at least the Bitcoin has been returned now, minus the network fee getting it there to begin with, but this was an extremely stressful and unpleasant affair having to address it like this here and elsewhere and with all the unresponded to email that I sent.

If the price holds till sometime tomorrow morning or so then it seems my sell limit at my current exchange may be enough to enable me to sell it all that way instead.  I also wonder if I would have simply fared better trying LocalBitcoins.com yesterday instead which I've also never used before to get it done already before any possible price drop.