NOTICE! Those consumers located in the European Union, effective 5/24/2018 due to the GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country or anyone sitting in, or operating from, such country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more. By using our site you understand and agree to these terms. Don't blame us... blame Europe! This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more.

Report: #1379578

Complaint Review: - Internet

  • Submitted: Fri, June 16, 2017
  • Updated: Fri, June 16, 2017
  • Reported By: Former Fed — Pennsylvania USA

    USA SCAM & RIPOFF I trusted with my Bitcoin, and now they won't give it back Cincinnati Ohio

*Author of original report: Update

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

I must admit, they really had me fooled.

There seem to be good reviews and good trust marks for  And when they reply to your emails, they act like the nicest people in the world.

So today I tried to use them for the first time.  And I've been scammed.

I sent in around .65 BTC to sell at a static price, the full amount only, and according to the status page a buyer hold was placed around 1 PM EST.

Then around 5 PM EST, just a little while ago, I contacted the email address to request cancellation.  I even asked them this in my email:

[quote]"Does this happen often with a static price offer?  Do people just put a hold hoping to arbitrage a daily increase hoping to profit that way?  Would it have been more likely to be paid had it been a dynamic price offer?"

So I received a nice polite reply back:

[quote]"I am very sorry about the notification issue! There are currently no holds against your order, you should be able to cancel it now via your modification page. Regarding your other question, most orders are most successful when priced within 5% of the current market rate.

If you have any additional questions, we'd be happy to help!"[/quote]

So when I went to do the cancel myself using the online form, I discovered lo and behold the original buyer hold from earlier in the day was gone, but there was a new hold placed at 5:10 PM EST, i.e. right after I sent them an email to request the cancellation, only this new hold was just for a tiny fraction of the total, which was not even allowed by my sell order.

So when I went to process the cancel, sure enough it won't go through:

[quote]"There are buy orders pending against your order. Please wait until all of them have been processed before canceling your order. If you would not like to continue selling, we recommend increasing your sale price."[/quote]

Well obviously they removed the original hold and put this new partial hold on, and now I can't withdraw my Bitcoin.  This is just incredible that they would do this kind of thing.

P.S.  UPDATE:  Found a second and a third new hold after that as well.  No reply to all my emails after this has all occurred and it's still going on now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2017 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Author of original report


AUTHOR: - ()

Well at least the Bitcoin has been returned now, minus the network fee getting it there to begin with, but this was an extremely stressful and unpleasant affair having to address it like this here and elsewhere and with all the unresponded to email that I sent.

If the price holds till sometime tomorrow morning or so then it seems my sell limit at my current exchange may be enough to enable me to sell it all that way instead.  I also wonder if I would have simply fared better trying yesterday instead which I've also never used before to get it done already before any possible price drop.

Respond to this report!