This site uses cookies to store information on your computer which may track your browsing behavior on our site and provide you with ads or other offers that may be relevant to you. Some are essential to make our site work; others help us improve the user experience. Read our Privacy Policy to learn more. Further, effective 5/24/2018 due to GDPR, citizens of any GDPR applicable country are prohibited from using this site. Read our Terms of Service to learn more.By using our site you understand and agree to these terms.

Complaint Review: BringMeThat

• Submitted: Mon, March 13, 2017
  • Updated: Mon, March 13, 2017
  • Reported By: ehank40 — Illinois USA
  • BringMeThat

Internet
    USA

BringMeThat BringMeThat scammed the restaurant that I ordered from using a different name. Internet

I had placed an order for a restaurant I had found online which had a link to the BringMeThat website to place me order. After going to the restaurent to pick up my order, they had no record of my name on file and had not received my payment from the online website. After furher investigation with the owner of the restaurant, they said they do not have online ordering and the order I had placed was not on record.

What happened was;

1) I placed an order through BringMeThat and filled in my name and credit card information.

2) A foreign representative called the resturant and placed an order using a DIFFERENT name "Alex".

3) Not a single dime went to the resstaurant, but was charged a service fee for the order.

The website is hands down a scamming website. It is safe to assume that if you have ordered through this website, your credit card has been compromised. I have cancelled my current credit card and am having a new one delivered.

I am working closely with the restaurant owner to get down to the find out any further information since it has incnvenienced the both of us.

It should be noted that if the restaurant and owner have no partnered with the website, it is ILLEGAL for any order to be placed on behalf of the customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2017 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bringmethat/internet/bringmethat-bringmethat-scammed-the-restaurant-that-i-ordered-from-using-a-different-name-1361462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content