Complaint Review: Callahan & Associates California - California

• Callahan & Associates California

, California
    United States

Callahan & Associates California Called saying I owed money California

They called with an automated phone system saying that there was a lawsuit being filed against me and to call +1-800-268-0307 to make payment arrangements. So I called and was told that I owe $1,205 on a car that I owned 8 years ago and was claimed in a bankruptcy. They proceeded to tell me that bankruptcy did not cover this amount and that my bank account would be frozen and they would take my paychecks if I did not either make payment arrangements pay it in full or show up for court which will be filed by the end of the day the next day. They knew my social security number the company that this was with and the amount I did not offer any other information. They said that their lawyer contacted me yesterday and that I did not respond back which I never received any phone calls from any lawyers ever and nothing in the mail no contact at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2018 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/callahan-associates-california/california/callahan-associates-california-called-saying-i-owed-money-california-1464159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content