Complaint Review: Capture Those Travelers LLC - Vancouver WA

• Capture Those Travelers LLC
    14300 SE 1st St, Ste A, Vancouver, WA
    Vancouver, WA
    United States

Brett Weaks and Jenny Belt were supposed to be mentoring me on how to run a business. I agreed to hand over 50% of my business for the help. Jennifer Belt signed a 50/50 operating agreement. This got her on the business bank account. We got an office in Portland Oregon in July 2018, and by August they ripped me off. Late July Brett started grooming me. I see that now. He told me how businesses go under in the first year ALL THE TIME, and that our business was in trouble because we needed money to buy tablets (Level Head Llc was selling advertising on these tablets that went on restaurant tables and bars.) He said we needed to "Go back to old Co." meaning to tell the lenders that it was just me on the business because it would be a lot "easier" to get the funds. We signed a letter of intent to merge into a different Llc with me, Jenny, Brett, a guy named Fargal McCarthy (sp?) and my husband which gave me a false sense of security I suppose. [continued below]....

..... We were approved for $56K but I had to personally guarantee it.

As soon as the money hit my account Jenny Belt wired herself $45k and wouldn't answer my calls. Wouldn't respond via text. I called the bank but couldn't stop it because she was a signor. They left me with only $11k and a $83k repayment agreement. I blasted them on social media which prompted them to cut us off from anything they had control of. Our websites, dashboards, CRM, payment processing. Anything they could get their hands on. They did give us some back. They said it was to protect us which is a feeble attempt at justifying their embezzlement. But by the time we got it (around 20k) it was weeks later. And the $335 daily automatic payment was already going strong and quickly draining the account. The fact remains that they never should have taken it in the first place. Part of the reason I signed 50% over in the first place was because they said they would be covering payroll for a while so we could get on our feet. I kept asking, what does that mean? Brett was vague.

Well I found out in June that meant they would just invoice me for anything and everything they put into Level Head. These invoices were full of errors and duplicate charges. I created a spreadsheet for March, the first month that they went back to, to show their errors. They claimed they paid out cash bonuses called spiffs to employees out of their own account, but I showed bank statements that proved that money came out of the Level Head account. They refused to talk about it. Also I accidentally found bills in my quickbooks that Jenny made out to capture those travelers. I learned that's called cooking the books. That was one of the things that they were mentoring me on was quickbooks. They walked me thru creating 2 bills. So when I ended up with that $83k bill to SnapAdvances I went into quickbooks to create a bill and then lost it. I didn't know where it went so I went to the little magnifying glass search bar and searched the term bills and found a report that listed them. That's when I found the other bills Jenny put in there. I had to file for personal bankruptcy and dissolve the business. I've been told that Capture those travelers are now selling ads on tablets. The lender SnapAdvances is harassing me even though I filed for bankruptcy.

My husband and I started another business. The true entrepreneurial spirit. The new business is social media management. Not tablets. And I used $100 to open a bank account for that new business and the lender is trying to take THAT from me too. I can't catch a break. I'm exhausted from explaining this over and over. I hope I didn't forget anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2018 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capture-those-travelers-llc/vancouver-wa-98684/capture-those-travelers-llc-brett-weaks-stole-45k-wa-vancouver-wa-washington-1468820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
0Consumer
2Employee/Owner

Nice try Brett but the bank statements will prove everything

AUTHOR: Dixie - (United States)

Wow, you put a lot of work into that. I'm glad you numbered it. But first of all, I did include a screenshot. Idk where it went. I'll figure it out though. Don't you worry. So as far as your list...

1. Our business was new. I was working full time and bringing home $2,800 a month. That did go to bills and when you offered to give Brandon a job in return for helping us with our business we took the opportunity.

2. It was me & Brandon, and you met us down there. We were there because one of our breathalyzer kiosks were in that night club where they held the network event. You guys did not add it to your business. We decided to do it thru level Head and this was one of the reasons I signed over 50% of the business. (geezers do you really think you're creating a believable story?)

3. Oh wait, you're admitting it was part of level Head? But you GIFTED IT TO US? Are you drunk right now?

4. You are forgetting about the 6 months worth of bank statements that show "CAPTURE THOSE TRAVELERS" as withdrawing around $73k total. (I added it up.) Brett, stop thinking that you can spin this any other way. Bank statements don't lie.

5. Level Head was doing really good. At one point we brought in $64,298.43 (June 2018 and again IT SHOWS in the bank statements.) When we agreed to the 50/50, which did happen and I have a Hello Sign (just like DocuSign) signed by Jenny Belt, it was not because you told us anything like you were done funding us. The only thing you guys did was pay our employees then reimburse yourselves. It wasn't some money pit. Wtf is wrong with you?

6.1 Yes, you got us into an office space. I never left that out. And you openly admitted part of the money you stole from me that was supposed to be for tablets you were planning on paying the rent out for 6 months. But here's the thing, there's no way Level Head was going to last after taking a hit like that. That was you PROJECTING losses and recouping it at MY expense at the sum of $83k. 6.2 When we were talking about the 50/50 we went over the fact that you were expecting me to take a pay cut. You were paying Brandon 5k a month and I was making close to 3k. You wanted me to come on for an additional $500 a month which was insulting considering I had to quit my job to be able to put time and energy into the business which is called sweat equity and is worth money. I was NEVER shady about pulling money out of the account. I wrote myself checks. I was very transparent. Plus Jenny was on the checking account AND QuickBooks. She saw EVERYTHING. 6.3 The spiffs were off. And sometimes money that was left over from paying everyone out their bonuses was used for personal expenses. I won't lie about that. That still doesn't mean we were dishonest. You never even said anything about that. Probably because Brandon saw you do the same thing with the Capture Those Travelers spiff money. It didn't seem like a big deal. 6.4 Brandon posted a video of us on the helicopter ride on my birthday June 4th. It was one of the coolest presents I've ever received. You act like we were just flying all around town

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Dixie's Manipulation

AUTHOR: Brett - (United States)

This is exactly the victim play I’m talking about.  Dixie intentionally neglected to post a screenshot of the text message was because it would’ve hurt her victim narrative.  I will attach a screenshot of the text message that was sent to Dixie and Brandon, because every post here must go through a step for adding attachments prior to posting.  There were no “threats” made as she claims. But hey, why be honest if it hurts your manipulative narrative, right Dixie? And now, Dixie is using this tactic to incite an online and misled witch hunt (see attached).

Also attached is a copy of the first page of the lease.  It was NOT under my name or Jenny’s name. It was under “Level Head LLC”.  Jenny just signed for it as a representative of the company which our agreement allowed her to do, but the attached lease very clearly states that the lease was under Level Head.  They left the landlord in a very bad position.

The other false claims in this posting have been explained and clarified in my rebuttal to Dixie’s original post.  It should also be noted that $45,000 (total of original withdrawal) minus $21,857.16 (lent to help Dixie and Brandon make payroll twice) is $23,142.84 (funds retained for Level Head’s future rent and furniture payments, and transferred back to Level Head’s account).  Therefore yes, I very much would classify that as the “bulk” of the withdrawn funds.

I will be filing a police report.  This is not right what she and her husband are doing.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Dixie's False & Misleading Statements

AUTHOR: Brett - (United States)

Dixie, you know that your narrative is untrue.  It’s unfortunate that you have chosen to spread lies, neglect relevant information, and play victim in an attempt to manipulate others into giving you sympathy.  Your statements are not only false; they are also egregious and malicious. However, if this is the platform you choose to have the facts exposed, then so be it.

These are the facts:

1)  In late 2017, Brandon Treat came to me to ask for help with his business, Levelhead LLC.  Brandon told me that Dixie (his wife) was the listed owner of Levelhead, but that he (Brandon) ran the day-to-day operations.  Brandon also told me that he and Dixie’s initial business plan had failed, they had almost zero revenue and were broke. Out of our then friendship and because Brandon told me that he had no money for Christmas, in December 2017 I agreed to hire Brandon at a very generous salary and paid him in advance.

2) In 2018, I attended a business networking event with Brandon (who was still my employee). At this event, I discovered the opportunity to sell advertising on tablets that could be placed at various venues such as bars and restaurants.  I decided to pursue this opportunity as an add-on to my current business within my company, Capture Those Travelers (CTT).

3) However, Brandon really wanted to own and operate his own company. Even though Brandon was my employee at the time, given our past friendship, I agreed to gift him ownership of the tablet business.  This is how Levelhead got its second start - by me gifting Dixie and Brandon ownership of the tablet business. I also gave Brandon rent-free office space so that he could hire employees and operate the LevelHead tablet business;  I did this to as a favor to give Brandon and Dixie the best chance of success.

4) Through CTT, I ended up investing $43,000 in Levelhead over a period of approximately six months; again, I did this based on Brandon’s promise that he would repay me when Levelhead became profitable.  As part of this agreement, Dixie and Brandon agreed to make my fiance, Jenny, a signer on the Levelhead bank account.

5) At no point did Brandon or Dixie put any of their own money into Levelhead, and after already giving Levelhead (Brandon and Dixie) over $43,000, I told Brandon that CTT couldn’t continue to fund Levelhead without a fair financial arrangement.  Because CTT provided 100% of the funding for LevelHead, Brandon agreed to merge the Levelhead business into a new entity that we would each own 50/50 (which never happened). Because LevelHead then appeared close to break-even, Brandon and I also agreed that any further financial support provided to Levelhead by CTT (i.e. funding payroll and other expenses) would need to be repaid on a strictly monthly basis from Levelhead’s monthly revenues.

6) As a result, CTT ended up providing over $20,000 in additional funding to Levelhead. We also assisted Dixie and Brandon in securing office space for Levelhead in downtown Portland. However, Brandon and Dixie and Levehead did not repay CTT this additional money within the timeframe promised.  After reviewing Level Head’s books, I discovered that Dixie and Brandon were taking money out of the business to fund personal expenses, far in excess of the agreed monthly amount that Brandon had represented to me. Further, I discovered that bank withdrawals (thousands of dollars) entered in the books as spiffs for salespeople had not in fact been paid out to employees. When I enquired, Dixie passed this off as a mistake. Additionally, I discovered that Brandon had posted several videos on social media bragging openly about how much money he was making, and showing off;  for example, he posted about private helicopter rides that he and Dixie were taking (see attachment). In short, the money trail evidenced that Dixie and Brandon were diverting money from Levelhead for non-business purposes. I also discovered other personal behavior (non-monetary) by Brandon that jeopardized that stability of the business.

7) After these discoveries, I informed Dixie and Brandon that Levelhead needed to seek alternative funding going forward. This is what led Levelhead to seek funding from Snap Advance - and Levelhead obtained this funding not as a loan but by selling its future receivables/revenue to Snap Advance.  Because CTT had the right to a first lien position on Levelhead’s assets, Levelhead needed CTT’s permission to obtain this funding and I was able to review the Snap Advance agreement. Contrary to Dixie’s claim, the SnapAdvance agreement exempts Dixie from any personal guarantee except in the case of fraud (such as diverting customers, revenues and cash to another entity).  See the attachment. Dixie is lying to gain sympathy and play victim.

8) Brandon and Dixie promised numerous times that CTT would be repaid.  In addition to the initial $43,000 funding, CTT provided an additional $21,857.16 to fund two months of Level Head’s payroll because Dixie and Brandon claimed that Levelhead did not have the funds to pay employees themselves.   However, after reviewing Level Head’s books, it became obvious that Levelhead’s finances were being grossly mismanaged and were being diverted for personal use. This was in violation of the terms of the Letter of Intent that I signed with Brandon/Dixie. For that reason, Jenny withdrew and set-aside $45,000; these funds were allocated to i) set up a reserve to insure that rent and furniture for Level Head’s Portland office was paid in accordance to their lease, and ii) reimburse CTT the $21,857.16 for the prior two payrolls that LevelHead had agreed repay within a 30 day period. Jenny was fully authorized to make that withdrawal in accordance with: (i) first, the initial agreement, whereby Jenny was an authorized signer on Levelhead’s bank account as a condition of CTT providing 100% of Levelhead’s initial funding ($43,000), and (ii) second, the Letter of Intent referenced by Dixie, whereby Levelhead received additional funding from CTT and was intended to be merged into a new entity.

9)  The operating agreement that Dixie is referring to was never honored by Dixie/Brandon; anyone can reference the Oregon SOS website to view the last annual report, filed August 31 2018, to see that there is only one name, Dixie Yagle, listed as the sole member/owner of the business.

10) After CTT set up a $45,000 cash reserve (for future rent payments and the $21,857.16 payroll expense), Dixie and Brandon informed me that they wanted to renege on the signed Letter of Intent and go their separate way.  Even though they had entered into a binding contract with CTT, I decided to respect their wishes. As a result, Jenny transferred the approximately $23k rent reserve back into the main Levelhead checking account; Jenny did this even though CTT was still owed $43,000 by LevelHead.  (Of course, this $43k was never repaid contrary to Brandon’s numerous promises.) Despite Dixie's claim that it took "weeks" to receive the $23k back, it actually only took a few days. Following that transfer, Levelhead had approximately $44,000 in cash available in its checking account to continue its business operations along with a very desirable office centrally located in downtown Portland.  This was a big difference from their situation eight to nine months earlier when they claimed they were flat broke.

11) Shortly thereafter, I received a call from Levelhead’s landlord informing me that Dixie and Brandon were not paying rent.  I also learned that Brandon and Dixie had set-up a new entity named 4th Screen Marketing, LLC. It appeared that Dixie and Brandon transferred the customer-base and future revenues of Levelhead to this new entity, 4th Screen Marketing. After reimbursing CTT for the $21k payroll advance, Level Head still had approximately $44,000 in available cash to move forward with its business operations, which was likely diverted for Brandon/Dixie’s personal expenses or transferred into their new company 4th Screen Marketing.  At the time that the $23k rent reserve was transferred back into Level Head’s main checking account, Brandon promised and agreed via text (attached) that he would make the rent/furniture payments specified in their lease on-time each month. Instead, he and Dixie skipped out on the rent and stole all of the furniture, equipment, phones, TV, and everything else that was in the office, leaving the landlord high and dry. So, if they stopped paying rent, what did they do with all the money?

12) Levelhead went out of business due to misconduct, mismanagement, inappropriate sales tactics and what appears to be a diversion of business funds and assets. Through Levelhead, Dixie and Brandon were taking customers’ money up-front and were racking up unfulfilled/unfulfillable orders (see examples of customer complaints attached).  By the time Levelhead closed, Dixie and Brandon had racked up approximately $200,000 in unfilled/unfulfillable orders.

13) Dixie had only a LIMITED personal guarantee on the merchant advance (which was a purchase of future revenues and not a loan), which is only triggered in the event of acts of fraud. This likely explains why Dixie felt it necessary to personally declare bankruptcy. Dixie is also conveniently leaving out the fact that, yes, while access to the Levelhead website and CRM was shut down, this was temporary because Level Head’s website and data was on a shared platform with CTT.  It was only a few hours in the very early morning while their website/intranet was down; these were up and running by 8:04 am, meaning Levelhead only lost barely over one hour of operating time. Contrary to Dixie’s claim, CTT is not, has not, nor is currently planning to, get into the "tablet" business. We are not offering or selling any advertising space on any charging stations or "tablets"; we are busy growing our core business. Dixie's claims that Levelhead was invoiced incorrectly by CTT is also false; I asked Dixie to provide any documentation of “errors and duplicate charges” she believed might have been made, but she was unable to do so. Per our signed, Letter of Intent, Levelhead still owes CTT $43,000; yet Dixie completely omitted this fact from her “I am the victim” narrative.

The narrative that Dixie is trying to push is completely false.  The money that was transferred as a reserve by Jenny was done in accordance with prior written agreements and as a precaution against two people who were being extremely fiscally and otherwise irresponsible.  As a non-owner, I did my best to ensure that Levelhead remained operational to ensure continuity for its employees, customers, and other stakeholders. Instead, DIXIE and BRANDON chose to divert money from Levelhead, end their business relationship with CTT, burn their landlord which included absconding with thousands of dollars of office furniture, and most egregiously, by making the approximate $44,000 in available cash that was in their bank account after our business separation disappear into thin air.

Next day threats

AUTHOR: Dixie - (United States)

I filed a ripoff report yesterday. I received a text message at 4:39 am telling me to take it down or he will sue me for "liable". I'm hoping I can attach a screenshot. He claims he gave me "the bulk of the money back" which is a fabrication. Like I said in my original report, he did give back around 20k but it was too little too late. He never should have taken ANY. It wasn't his to take. That's not how you conduct business. Get someone to get a loan so you can recoup losses that haven't even happened? At my expense? Evil. Pure evil. Oh and yes I had to skip out on rent. It was under his name. And why wouldn't I after all of this? He locked us out of internet based services at one point to get back at us for publicly posting about the theft. Of course my PTSD tells me I'm going to show up at my office and be locked out. That's his pattern. We did leave some mess but not too bad. Nothing ruined. Nothing broken. We even paid $250 out of pocket to fix the plumbing because one of the employees flushed paper towels our last week in the office.