Complaint Review:

• Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Reported By: Poughkeepsie New York

U.S.A. - SCAM. Save your money!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Reply

Desperate to find a new car, I was thinking of some other avenues. I thought to myself, why not try car auctions. I did some research on the Internet and found this site:

There, they give a #1 rating to Plus, there were reviews by other folk who said, that it was great advice. Ok, so I click on the link.

Now at, I do a preliminary search with what they have on the first page. It says it's searching for the make and model, and boom, it says it found something. Great! To view the information however, I must first buy their service. Ok, no problem. I'll take the unlimited VIP service, since I might want to find another car this way in the future. No problem.

I pay my $29.95, and I'm emailed an id and password. Ok, simple id and a simple password. I'm thinking I'll use this id and password to logon and once I logon, I'll change my password. Ok. The id/password was something like cars/auction. I thought it was strange, but Ok, after I log on I should be able to change it. I log on, and it gives me a list of other auction sites. I click on a link, and that auction site wants me to pay to gain access. I'm thinking, I already paid for, why should I pay to get here. I then leave that site and go to another one, using the list the provided, and yep the next site wants the same thing. WTF. All the sites I visited, want me to pay for the service of looking at cars to bid. Plus the bid prices were a lot more than I thought (but that's neither here nor there). did not provide me with a way to bid on their site. They only supplied links to other sites! If you are reading this because you are thinking about buying their service, use this information to save your money. I doubt I will get my money now !!! They claim that they have a guarantee, but there is no information on the site to get it! The information they have, links you back to the payment page.

I can get the links myself by using Google or Yahoo! I don't need, and neither do you. Someone is sitting pretty with my 30 dollars, and did nothing to get it. Good for to have created such a well devised SCAM. I usually can spot them pretty well, but this site got me, because they had created false postings on other sites saying that their site was the best. I fell into their trap. Don't make the same mistake.

I did a search on for the domain owner.

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 07-oct-2006
Creation Date: 17-apr-2003
Expiration Date: 17-apr-2010

It is owned by I called Godaddy, and they said that the owner paid for privacy. They only way to get the owners name and address is by court order. If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit, please post a reply so that me and others will know.

Poughkeepsie, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

AUTHOR: Aleksk - (U.S.A.)

I have also been scammed by this website for 14.99 and have tried to get my refund but the wep page never loads and goes nowhere. I would be interested in a class action just to put these cons out of business.