Complaint Review: Charisma Property Management - Sioux Falls South Dakota

• Charisma Property Management
    5101 S Nevada Ave Ste 110
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota
    United States

Charisma Property Management Brown & William LLC Amy Miller (Charisma Property Management - President) Extreme negligence is handling black mold at rental property Sioux Falls South Dakota

I am appalled and disgusted with this company. I am currently living in a rental home they manage and is owned by Brown & Williams LLC. I am moving out ASAP as over a month ago I found mold in the drywall of the basement bedroom in the home. I reported it to Charisma Property Management and was advised by their staff to clean it myself with bleach water. From the research I did on mold myself I was pretty certain this was black (toxic) mold as I had multiple symptoms of black mold exposure. I also knew if it was black mold that cleaning it myself could be very dangerous to my health as well. I expressed this concern to them and they advised me that the mold testing was too expensive and rarely is it ever something toxic.

Since they were unwilling to help in any way and not feeling comfortable with cleaning it myself, I decided to take a sample of the mold to Geotek for analysis. [continued below]....

..... After paying the $37 and some cents to have the analysis done, just as I suspected, it came back positive as black mold.

Upon reporting this to Charisma, they sent a couple maintenance representatives over to cut the mold out of the drywall but left other mold spots alone and yet again advised me to clean those myself. Cutting mold out of the wall is not the correct and safe way to remove such toxic molds and encourages/promotes spreading of mycotoxins from the mold into the air causing further risk of the mold spreading elsewhere in the home. After Charisma did this, I found mold spores had been spread to my personal property due to their negligence in addressing this issue properly.

Because they did not handle this very serious issue properly, I then gave them my 30 day notice of moving out of the house. They are now refusing to take any responsibility for the aforementioned and trying to hold me responsible for the remainder of the lease agreement. I told them that due to the hazardous and inhabitable condition of the house the lease is therefore void and I cannot be held responsible for that financial obligation.

Since then, they have been showing the home on almost a daily basis (to these poor unsuspecting souls that will have to then deal with this same issue I am now) with little to no notice even though they are required to give me 24 hour notice upon entering the home. I work Monday through Friday during their office hours and don't have the ability to make it home for all of their scheduled showings. I also have a dog that is not good with strangers and have to make proper accommodations for the showings when they are scheduled. They have been unwilling to negotiate or work around this in any way and basically told me they have the right to show it whenever they please. Needless to say I will be hiring an attorney and taking the necessary legal actions to hold them accountable for such poor business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2018 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charisma-property-management/sioux-falls-south-dakota-57108/charisma-property-management-brown-amp-william-llc-amy-miller-charisma-property-managem-1455871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content