Complaint Review: Citizens Bank, N.A. - Nationwide
Citizens Bank, N.A. Worst Bank Ever - No Warning - They Close Account, Cancel Debit Card, And More - Worst Bank Ever - Providence, RI Nationwide
- The employees are poorly trained and the culture is such that the customer is a baby who the bank is babysitting.
- One branch manager violated my privacy and contacted a third party of a check I tried to deposit. She called the third party to inquire about the endorsement and when the branch manager was not satisfied with the endorsement, she held onto my check for about 10 days or more and refused to mail it back to me (I had mailed it to her) because she was afraid it would get lost in the mail (when she received it by mail). I had to insist that she return to me my check that she rejected. I deposited that same check at another bank without any problems.
- They took nearly 3-5 weeks to provide me with a bank letter that I requested. And their typical processing time is 7-10 business days which is very slow compared to other banks who have provided this the same day.
- When an employee gave me a "bank letter", she may as well have written it in crayon it was so unprofessional. I had to ask her to sign it, I had to write the date on it, and she didn't type or write her name on it. So, there is really no way anyone could verify this "bank letter".
- They continue to show incorrect address on my bill pay checks no matter how many times I request that this be corrected. I have requested this by phone and my mail many times.
- The employees knowingly violate various laws and will insist they they are not violating the law only on the basis that they have been "doing this" for many years (doing it wrong for many years). Arrogant.
- An employee refused to notarize a document only because it could be altered after he notarized it. This violates notary law. But the notary's only duty was to witness the signature, not promise that a document could not be changed. Really arrogant person. He then sent an email to all other bank notaries, in violation of law, telling them not to notarize my document. Another bank notary notarized the document anyway; knowing that the first notary was being retaliatory.
- They lied repeatedly about reason for refusing to make funds available. The fact is, there was no reason to refuse to make funds available. I discovered that they apparently had never seen a check from Western Union and just assumed it was fraudulent when I deposited it. I had to prove to them with written documentation that I received the check from Western Union.
- If you spend your balance down to zero, they close your account the same day. They call this a soft close, and your account can be re-opened if you make a deposit within 30 days.
- They violated federal law regarding the right to dispute credit card charges and canceled the debit card in retaliation, and didn't mail a new debit card. I sent an email asking to dispute a charge because I was not satisfied with the product. I received a response by email that said, "Thank you for reporting fraudulent use of your debit card. We are cancelling your debit card." But I did not report fraud. I later received a letter thanking me reporting this fraud by a merchant that I never used in the past.
- I am not sure that the people who read emails understand English because I will send an email and get a reply that has not relation to my original email.
- Their computer systems seem to be incapable of handling high-volume bank functions since I often get letters that have no relation to any transaction I had.
- The only reason why I opened an account with them is because they are open 7 days per week.
- Worst bank ever.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2017 06:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/citizens-bank-na/nationwide/citizens-bank-na-worst-bank-ever-no-warning-they-close-account-cancel-debit-card-1377156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.