Complaint Review: Clark County Nevada CPS
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
To whom it may concern:
We were interested in adopting three siblings in Clark County. We went to the case worker Seidy White. She told us to meet them and make sure we were a good fit. Which we did – on several occasions. My second visit with Seidy I received the news that she was working with a great uncle whom she wanted to adopt the children. She still allowed us visits with the children.
I am upset because I feel there has been foul play within the department because:
• They did not allow us to go before the judge or be heard in CFT meetings.
o When there are more parties who are interested in the children, the judge deserves to hear what the entire story and ALL the options are. Not just what they (Seidy White and Damalia Guiterrez) want.
• They did not allow the judge to hear all accurate facts (regarding the great uncle - who is getting them in spite of his total lack of involvement their entire lives and more). They also didn’t listen to the facts that due to the children being in foster care for more than 12 months it negated the family claim of being best choice automatically – they were in foster care for 16 months with no interest from the uncle during that time. A disinterested party who cares more about when he can claim them on his tax return and tax deductions is getting them. This cannot be right!
They KNEW the uncle had not initiated one visit with the children while they were in foster care – not even when they said they would take them. Who would do this? Who in their right mind wouldn’t be trying to get to know them to make transition easier??? This is NOT right. He has had no interaction with them except twice – once initiated by Seidy – the other by the foster mom. It was for a short time both visits. They were surprised he did NOT make an effort – but it didn’t sway their opinion of them wanting him to have them.
• They have lied to the birth mom, the foster mom and me (since they told us all conflicting stories). They clearly had two parties interested and on equal footing since the time the children were in foster care negated the family claim on them.
- Due to the lack of time that the children were in foster care, the great uncle was not automatically the “best fit” as stated.
- CPS was surprised that he didn’t initiate visits even after he said he would take them – but they are giving them to him anyway.
• They did not allow my lawyer an opportunity to speak.
• They coerced the birth mom into things she didn’t want.
o They promised her help which they did not give.
o They promised her things that they know outright the uncle has no intention of doing.
It appears that they have done what they deemed to be best interest because it’s what they wanted – not what was truly in the best interest of the children.
• To have those children with their foster mom for that long (more than 16 months – which for the baby is half of his life), finally have stability and not have them remain able to see her again is like cruel punishment to the children. Any person who spent any amount of time with the children would see that they love her and feel secure around her. To yank them away and give them to total strangers is indeed cruel in my opinion. We would have had the foster mom be "grandma" and kept the birth mom in the picture so she could heal and the children would have access to their identity of who they are and where they came from...
Had they allowed us to be heard by the judge and he ruled that it was in the best interest of the children to go with the uncle that would have been one thing- but they didn’t.
Why am I doing this?
• Because I know these children. I love them, they are bonded to their foster mom and should have her as part of their lives. She would adopt them but feels she is too old.
• And… because they didn’t let the judge hear the facts and decide what was best.
• They also ignored the knowledge that a state psychologist said the scenario of us having them with the foster mom as grandma with us as adoptive parent was the absolute best scenario.
I don’t believe the uncle wants them for more than a tax write off and the money you will give him. His lack of interaction speaks significantly louder than his words.
I don’t know where to go – but there has to be someone who actually cares that there is corruption in DES CPS and that the judges are ruling on cases they don’t have the facts for – intentionally left out by the case worker and her supervisor.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2013 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clark-county-nevada-cps/las-vegas-nevada-89101/clark-county-nevada-cps-aka-seidy-whitedamalia-gutierrez-foul-play-in-cps-las-vegas-nevad-1062849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: